Thread: Which are the Cydia Apps compatible with iPhone firmware 3.0?

Which are the Cydia Apps compatible with iPhone firmware 3.0?

Hello there, I have recently bought an Apple Iphone 3GS which has new Iphone firmware 3.0 installed on it. There are no applications installed on the iPhone and hence I want to know Which are the Cydia Apps compatible with iPhone firmware 3.0?. Please share some information about the topic. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Re: Which are the Cydia Apps compatible with iPhone firmware 3.0?

All the applications which worked on the previous version of the Iphone firmware work without any problem on new firmware 3.0. Although I have installed and tried the following applications on my iPhone 3GS :-
    1.Winterboard - The age old application from cydia which works on the previous versions of the firmware is also available for firmware version 3.0. Although the application is termed as incompatible with the version due to compatibility issues with individual themes.
    2.SbSettings – Sbsettings helps the users to enable or disable phone, Wireless, bluetooth etc. Once installed Sbsettings can be accessed by sliding the finger across the status bar.

I use the following applications on my iPhone 3gs which are developed by Cydia.
    • iRealSMS :- This application acts like a boon to all the people who are more into messaging. It has a unique copy/paste feature which makes it easier for texting. Although copy/paste feature is already present on iPhone 3GS, iRealSMS makes message forwarding simple.
    • Categories - After installing categories on the iPhone, user can create folders on the iphone and save applications in it. This saves the time for searching of applications.

These are some applications are available for iPhone firmware 3.0 :-
    a. Safari Download Plugin
    If you want to download data to your iphone using Safari then you will be required to install the Safari Download Plugin. After installing Safari Download plugin, downloading files on the iphone will be an easy task.
    b.dTunes
    This application helps in downloading and playing media files on the iphone. To download the latest music and videos to your iphone, you will require this application installed on the iPhone.
    C.Mxtube
    The youtube application which had problems in the previous firmware version is replaced Mxtube applications which enables the user to watch and download the videos online.

I have these applications installed on my iphone and which work successfully with new firmware 3.0 of the iphone.
    PwnPlayer which helps the user to convert the iPhone to an Ipod to play music and videos on Iphone.
    Backgrounder helps the user to change the background of the iphone. Currently not many themes are available for the application and will be available later.
    MobileLog helps the user to clear all the call log with a single select. It also displays the call duration of individual calls made from the iphone.
    Cydelete can be used to delete all the Cydia applications from the iphone from the springboard.