Thread: Samsung GT S5230 cannot send or receive picture messages..help!

Samsung GT S5230 cannot send or receive picture messages..help!

hi..I use t-mobile and recently bought a samsung s5230 cellphone but I can't send or receive photo messages it keeps saying "sending failed define network settings". I called tmobile (tech support) and they are not sure how to configure it. I'm thinking this is an international phone because whenever I compose a text message the default is in chinese or some asian language. Please let me know if you can fix this..thanks!

Re: Samsung GT S5230 cannot send or receive picture messages..help!

You are having the Samsung GT S5230 mobile phone and you are having problem in sending and receiving the picture messages in this mobile. You are getting the "sending failed define network settings" error. So , this is because you are not having the MMS activated on your mobile number. You mobile should also have the MMS profile configured and activated for sending and receiving the picture messages. The MMS setting is provided by the network provider.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I have unlimited texts and can receive texts but not picture texts..any other solutions?

My suggestion is that you can go to your mobile vendor i.e. in your case Samsung. They will help you to understand the settings for MMS which is required to send and receive picture messages. I am using NOKIA 5233 which I had taken to the NOKIA gallery to get MMS settings and thus now I am able to use it.

does anyone have the tmobile configuration settings for this phone? (its under multimedia or picture messages profiles)

I will advise you to contact to the customer care of your network service provider, Which is TMobile in your case. Ask them about the multimedia message service activation and tell them to send the MMS settings. You cannot send and receive the Picture message like the normal text messages. You should have the Multimedia message service activated on your mobile phone. Otherwise directly go to the customer relationship center of TMobile for this issue.