Thread: Unable to open smartmovie player on Nokia 5230

Unable to open smartmovie player on Nokia 5230

Hi friends,
    I have recently purchased a new Nokia 5230 phone and what i have seen that it doesn't support .avi video files. I have all my video files in .avi file format. So to play these videos on my phone i have downloaded a player which is called smartmovie player. It worked fine and i was able to play all the .avi files on my phone. But after some days it started hanging and after some time whenever i try to open the player it is unable to open. Please help me..

Re: Unable to open smartmovie player on Nokia 5230

I think you need to un-install the smartmovie player and after sometime re-install it to remove the error from the phone. And also you need to check it out the latest version of the software or player which can also remove the problem of haning and not opening. To have the updates you need to go to the official site of the smartmovie and from there you can check it out the latest version.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I think there is a problem in the version of your smartmovie player on your phone or it may be the problem of the files which might have been corrupted. So to have the player better you need to check it out with the latest version and if the problem persist then you can have some other player which can support .avi file in the phone and with the other player you will not have any of the problem.

The best thing is to update the software of the phone by going on the nokia's official website and from there you can check out the latest software updates for your phone by selecting your phone model. And if it is present then you need to download it and then transfer it through the usb cable and then you can install it in your phone. The software update is recommended by the nokia becuse it fixes all the problems which the users face with the previous one.

As i have noticed that there is no player which is available for the Nokia 5230 to support .avi files. The smartmovie is developed but it has several error and it is not compatible with the phone. As i have used this player and i have noticed that this player is the worst player that i have seen. If you want to play .avi files then you can use CorePlayer which is a great player which supports most of the popular video formats.

The best thing to get the best supported applications and video player for your mobile phone then you need to visit Ovistore where you will find most of the best game and applications and also it has free contents. Ther are more other websites which provides all the related software and applications. You can go on the mobile9 website which has the latest softwares and game for the nokia phone and it has most of the applications best supported to the nokia 5230 phone.

After i install Smart Movie n DIVx player m not able to open any video.
    anybody let me know what will be the error please

Quote Originally Posted by linto88 View Post
    After i install Smart Movie n DIVx player m not able to open any video.
    anybody let me know what will be the error please
    I have heard that Divx player when installed on Nokia 5230 freezes a lot of times. So it may be of no help. Smart Movie will play DivX and Xvid with excellent picture quality, so maybe if you try reinstalling the software again on your mobile phone then it might work properly. Other than that, have you checked the video formats are not corrupted.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Thankz for ur response

Dude please let me know whether Core player will b supported in Nokia 5230????
    And can u please let me know any website or link where i can download Smart movie or core
    PLease......................................
    Last edited by linto88; 15-10-2010 at 10:05 PM.

Yes, it is supported. You can install Coreplayer as well Smartmovie as well. But the only problem is that you will get Cerficate expired message while installing these apps that are present at present on the web. what you can do is you can get it signed with your IMEI number at cer.opda.cn and than install it comfortably. I am using both Coreplayer and smartmovie in my Nokia 5233 and it is working properly.

Thankz for the reply yaar
    But can u please let me know from where u downloaded the Smart movie and Core player for 5233
    Please..............