Thread: Toshiba Satellite U400 Laptop DVD Drive problem

Toshiba Satellite U400 Laptop DVD Drive problem

I am having the Toshiba laptop and the model which i am using is Toshiba Satellite U400 Laptop. This laptop has the Windows Vista operating system installed in it. I am facing the DVD Drive problem with Toshiba Satellite U400 Laptop. Many times this DVD drive not reads the CD/DVD inserted in it. And if reads then shown as the blank disc and asks for the disc burning.

Re: Toshiba Satellite U400 Laptop DVD Drive problem

You are having the Toshiba Satellite U400 Laptop which has the Windows Vista operating system installed in it. You are having problem with the CD/DVD drive of this laptop. This Drive is not able to read the disc inserted in it. Suppose if it reads then disc shown as the blank disc and automatically asks for the burning. So first of all make sure that the disc you are using is proper and not blank you can check it on other system also.

There can be many reasons for getting this type of the issue with the DVD drive of the laptop and you are also facing the same issue with your Toshiba Satellite U400 Laptop. This can be possibly some software or the operating system problem. So may be the system restore can resolve this problem. So run the system restore and get the setting on the date when this DVD drive was working properly.

If this DVD drive issue is not resolved after the system restore of the Toshiba Satellite U400 Laptop then according to me this is the hardware problem and not the software. May be the lens of the DVD drive of the laptop is not working properly. So i will advise you to first clean the lens of the drive properly using the lens cleaning disc. You will get it in market easily. Most of the time this resolves the issue.

You are saying that this DVD Drive of the Toshiba Satellite U400 Laptop does not reads the disc inserted in it. It only able to read few times. So i think this DVD drive is almost totally dead now and i dont think that it is repairable. So i will advise you to replace the the DVD drive of your laptop with the new one. Contact to the Toshiba service center for this purpose.