Thread: Sony ebook reader battery issue

Sony ebook reader battery issue

Hi,
    I had purchased a Sony Ebook Reader. I am facing battery issue in it. Now I am feeling as I had purchased the most expensive paper weight. The batter does not stay long enough. After 400 pages the battery goes down. I had tried some tips and tweaks but does not work here. I cannot charge this every time while traveling. The customer support here is more annoying. What should I do here.

Re: Sony ebook reader battery issue

I am too facing a similar issue. I had purchased the similar ebook reader last august. Things work fine for some starting month. Then after that the reader become useless while traveling as the batter goes down suddenly. This is really awful. I think the model which I purchased has a weak firmware. But what to discuss here with the customer support of Sony.

In my case things are differnet. I had faced some screen issue in the reader. I had mailed to sonystyle.custhlep.com for further support. Where I got a good service from there and my reader works now properly. I think you need to contact them properly and discuss about the problem in detail. Try to replace the battery of the same. That can be helpful.

What happen here is that one first charge my ebook reader goes down after turning 300 pages which is very short. I was promised a battery life of 7500 pages turn. I had reset the reader which still works on the same 300 page turn life. Now I had tried resetting 3 to 4 times but still nothing works here. I feel the device which I had is defective. I had wasted already a lot time with the customer support.

You must deal with the customer care for that. I am not able to get why you does not get a proper solution there. I too have a batter issue in my reader where it goes down suddenly after some time. I had contacted them and they confirmed me that they will sent me refurbished unit in the place of which I have which resolve the matter. That took some time but now it working.

The problem is that when you ask for a other unit from the customer support you will need to pay additional shipping and insurance. Already after paying a big amount on this, the is really a wastage. They must check on the models first before selling out. Many ar facing a low battery issue on the reader. The promised 7500 page turn is just a fake call from Sony.