Thread: Canon XL H1 in India.

Canon XL H1 in India.

Its been four years that i am in photography profession but for this time i am getting confused when i want to buy a camera for my personal use, though i will be using it in my further career but it must be simple to use and cheaper if it is possible. I have seen Canon XL H1, It looks much similar to the professional cameras but does it have all the functionality as compared to the professional cameras?

Canon XL H1.

The XL H1 HD camcorder offers a broad range of capabilities, emulating those of cameras that are significantly more expensive. They include the "Professional JackPack" which allows the user to send out an uncompressed HD signal (through the HD-SDI terminal), input and output SMPTE time code and receive a Genlock signal. Image capture through Genuine Canon optics, which rank among the very best in the world, interchangeable lenses and the "open architecture" of Canon's XL series of camcorders gives the XL H1 superb creative flexibility.

Re: Canon XL H1 in India.

Canon XL H1 is bit costly camera as it will cost you some around 4 lacks. I think this camera should not be used for small photo capturing as it has a capability to capture an amazing pictures. With the "Professional JackPack" on the Canon XL H1 camcorder you can send out an uncompressed HD signal, Input and output SMPTE time code, Receive a Genlock signal.

The Canon XL H1 is fully equipped with the professional features you'll need for any situation you might find yourself in: from guerilla-style documentaries to studio broadcast environments (ENG, documentary and reality/episodic TV production) to feature film productions. You can define preset levels for 23 recording specifications when recording on tape and 17 when recording still images on the memory card. Up to 6 custom presets can be stored in the camcorder's memory, and up to 20 can be stored on a memory card. You can copy the camcorder's custom presets to the memory card.

The XL H1 delivers 1080i HD resolution, along with selectable frame rates of 60i, 30F and 24F. For high-speed subjects, 30 Frame delivers spectacular clarity and 24 Frame gives the look and motion of film. This switch is labeled 'i', 'F1' and 'F2'. The frame rate applied by these switches changes depending on whether the XL H1 is in 60i mode (factory standard) or 50i mode (optional upgrade). In 60i mode, the frame rate switches between 60i (60 fields per second, interlaced-the "standard" video speed), 30F, and 24F. In 50i mode (optional), the choices for frame rates are 50i or 25F.