Thread: Sony laptop fell and now it does not boot

Sony laptop fell and now it does not boot

Hello friends, I have a Sony Vaio laptop which is installed with Windows XP operating system. Recently the laptop fell from the dining table and now it does not boot. Everytime I try to start the laptop, it gets stuck somewhere during loading of the operating system. I need help in diagnosing the problem. Therefore is anybody knows why my Sony laptop does not start then please suggest some solutions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Sony laptop fell and now it does not boot

By looking at the problem, it seems that the hard drive of the laptop has gone bad due to physical damage sustained. Hard drive of the laptops are very unreliable and can get damage due to slightest physical damage. The hard drive consist of movable head and platters. Slightest physical damage will misalign the movable head and platters due to which the hard drive of the computer cannot be detected by the system. Hence replace the hard drive and you will not face the same problem again.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

If the system is not able to access the system RAM then it would not be able to boot the system. All the files which are required for the system to boot are first loaded in the RAM and then executed from there. If the RAM is not accessible then the system will not boot. Open the laptop and remove the RAM chips from its respective slots. Clean the connecting terminals and then replace the RAM again in the slots. If there are multiple RAM chips then you can try booting the computer by using one RAM chip at a time. If for any RAM chip, if the system does not boot then discard the RAM chip as it may be faulty.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I would suggest you to take the laptop to the nearest Sony service center. As the laptop has sustained a fall it is possible that some internal component of the laptop must have got damaged. Hence to troubleshoot the problem properly, take the laptop to nearest sony service center and get it checked. If the laptop is under warranty then it will be serviced for free. If the laptop is out of Warranty then you will have to pay for the peripheral replaced along with the service charge levied on it.

All the functions of the computer are controlled by the motherboard. If the motherboard of the computer itself gets faulty then the computer is bound to give such problems. The required level of voltage to all the devices is also provided by the motherboard hence if the motherboard itself is faulty then system will freeze intermittently. Hence get the motherboard of the laptop checked by some technicians and if there are any problems with the laptop then there is no other solution than to replace the motherboard of the laptop.