Thread: Compaq evo n600c does not boot

Compaq evo n600c does not boot

Hello, I am really getting frustrated because of my laptop. I have a compaq evo n600c which is running on Windows XP operating system. The laptop was working fine till yesterday when it shut itself down while downloading data from Internet. Now my compaq evo n600c does not boot when I press the power button. I can hear the fan roar but the system does not boot. Therefore I need help in solving the issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Compaq evo n600c does not boot

I think the battery must have drained out of charge due to which the laptop is not starting. Sometimes the battery of the laptop does not charge even when it is connected to the AC power adapter. If the battery does not have enough charge then it will not be able to provide enough power to the laptop to boot. Hence connect the laptop to the AC adapter and let the battery charge for about 4 to 5 hours and then try to boot the laptop. Once the battery is charged enough you will be able to boot the laptop without any problems.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

If the system is not able to access the system RAM then the computer will not boot. The files which are required to boot the operating system are first copied to the system RAM and then executed from their. If the system ram is not accessible then the files will not be copied and hence the system will not boot. Open the laptop and remove the RAM chips from their respective slots. Clean the terminals of the RAM and then connect it back in their respective slots. If you have multiple RAM chips then try and booting the laptop using single chip at a time. If for a particular ram chip if the system does not boot then discard the RAM chip as it may be faulty.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

All the functions of the computer are controlled by the Motherboard of the computer. If the motherboard of the computer itself if faulty then the computer will not work properly. The main power board is also situated on the motherboard of the computer. If the motherboard develops some fault then the power board will not be able to provide enough power to all the devices and hence the computer will sometimes not boot. Therefore get the motherboard checked and if the motherboard is faulty then you will have to replace the motherboard.

Mostly all the portable devices face problems with residual charge. Residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips. If the voltage of the residual charge increases beyond threshold then the RAM chips become inaccessible. Once the RAM becomes inaccessible then the system will not boot. You will have to discharge the system from the residual charge in order to start the laptop. To clear the residual charge, Shut down the laptop and disconnect it from the AC source. Remove the battery and press the power button. Keep the power button pressed for about 30 seconds and then replace the battery. Once the battery is replaced, try booting the system. Hopefully it will start.

The battery on the motherboard of the laptop is responsible for saving the Bios settings which are required for booting of the computer. Open the laptop and locate the battery on the motherboard of the laptop. Remove the battery and check the voltage across the battery. The voltage should be between 2.5 volts and 3 volts. If the voltage is less than 2.5 volts then it is the reason why your laptop is not booting. Replacing the battery will solve the problem.