Thread: Need webcam driver of Sony Vaio VGN-CR343N laptop

Need webcam driver of Sony Vaio VGN-CR343N laptop

I am having the Sony laptop and the model of the Sony laptop which i am using is Sony Vaio VGN-CR343N laptop. I am facing the webcam issue with the Sony Vaio VGN-CR343N laptop. This issue started after i upgraded the operating system of the laptop from the Windows XP to the Windows 7 operating system. I dont have the webcam driver for Sony Vaio VGN-CR343N laptop compatible with Windows 7 operating system.

Re: Need webcam driver of Sony Vaio VGN-CR343N laptop

You are having the Sony Vaio VGN-CR343N laptop and you are facing the webcam issue with this laptop. The reason for this problem is that you have upgraded the operating system of this laptop from the Windows XP to Windows 7 and you are not having the driver software of the webcam of this laptop compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. I think may be you have got the driver software disc of the laptop and it should have the drivers for the windows 7 operating system. If you are having the driver disc then check it out by inserting in the DVD Rom of the laptop.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

If you are not having the drivers disc of the Sony Vaio VGN-CR343N laptop compatible with the Windows 7 operating system then you can download the driver software of the webcam of this laptop and all the other hardware driver softwares from the website of the Sony. I think you will get all the drivers software compatible with the Windows 7 operating system over there.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Refer to the link given below which will take you to the download section on the Sony website. Enter the name of your Sony laptop and search for the drivers of this laptop for the Windows 7 operating system. after that this problem will be resolved. If this laptop is compatible with Windows 7 then you will get it here.
    http://www.sony.co.in/section/downloads

I will advice you to directly update the driver software of the webcam of the Sony Vaio VGN-CR343N laptop from the device manager of the laptop. Go to the device manager and follow the steps mentioned below.
    Device manager -> webcam -> right click -> update driver software.
    After this the system automatically search for the driver software and install it in the system. But before doing this make sure that you are connected to the internet.

You will not get the driver software on the website of the Sony for this Sony Vaio VGN-CR343N laptop compatible with the Windows 7 operating system if this laptop does not support the operating system. The driver will also not update if you will try to do it from the device manager of your computer system. So in that case you will have to return to the Windows XP operating system or to the Windows Vista operating system if it is supported by the laptop.

smile Re: Need webcam driver of Sony Vaio VGN-CR343N laptop

hi you had installed the windows 7 and you were having problem with your drivers... it could not be resolved as Vaio has already made VGN-CR343N as an obselete model with restriction to windows XP and VISTA only and had provided the software drivers of windows 7 from CS series.... so please cop with the previous OS (operating System)

Could you please help me out as how did you istall windows 7, I mean does you had used/installed any BIOS set up or anything if yes could you mail me the link and procedure (as what things you had done to install Windows 7 in VGN-CR343N)

I ll be very gratefull to you as 1 of my customer willing to change his OS and I am unable to help him out.