Thread: How to use navigation software on nokia 5230

How to use navigation software on nokia 5230

I have recently purchased a new Nokia 5230 mobile phone, it has a navigation feature in it and i wanted to use this feature to navigate my city and other places. But there is a problem when i try to open this navigation application it asks me to connect to the internet. I don't have any internet connection on my phone. Please provide me the way by which i can use this application and also provide the steps to use it. I have Airtel connection on my phone, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Gunwant; 03-03-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Re: How to use navigation software on nokia 5230

First of all you need to call to your operators customer care and tell them to activated Gprs on your phone, the activation most probably takes two to three hours, after activating the gprs service on your sim then ask them to provide mobileoffice setting for your phone. Once you get the settings save it on your phone and try to connect it to the internet using your phones browser, if it gets connected to the internet then you can go to the navigation application and navigate.

If you want to use navigation on your nokia 5230 then you need some setting that is neccessary for the navigation on you phone. It is stated as first of all you need to set the internet on your phone through your operator and then do the following setting on your phone.
    1. Go to the Menu and then
    2. Select Menu > Maps.
    3. Select Options > Tools > Settings > Internet

Just set the following setting in your navigation application
    • Go online at start-up: Please set the device to open an internet connection when you open Maps.
    • Default access point or Network destination: Select the access point to be used when connecting to the internet.
    • Roaming warning: Set the device to notify you when registering to a network other than your home network.

There are other navigation application for your mobile phone, as i have seen that the "Google Maps" is the best navigation software for the symbian phone and smart phones. It is the mirror of the functionality of the desktop version, with this application you can search for a location and it provides the you the best directions on how to get to a particular place. It is very easy and useful as compared to others, it only needs a gprs connection for your mobile phone to navigate this application.

"Maps" application in your nokia phone is used for the navigation purpose and also you can use applications it as GPS data to calculate your location or measure distances. You must have an internet access point defined in the device to retrieve assistance data from the Nokia A-GPS service over a packet data connection. With this application you can know the position of your on a particular and you can also see other places, if you want to go to a particular place just set a start and end point in the navigation applivation you will be directed correctly to the destination.

You can also get the whole information on your issue and you will be guided as per your requirement on Officila site of Nokia. The whole setting for the application and how to use it. Otherwise there are more other navigation application for your phone which also provide the navigation feature. Anyway you can just follow the link which i have listed below there you can find the whole information on gps navigation. Please have a look.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/prod...ow-to/navigate