Thread: Dell Inspiron 1521 does not boot

Dell Inspiron 1521 does not boot

Hello, I am facing some serious issues with Dell inspiron 1521 laptop which is about 2 years old. The laptop is installed with Windows XP operating system and was working fine but from few days the laptop is not booting. Whenever I t press the power button to start the laptop, all the LED's on the laptop flash but it does not boot. So if anybody can explain me why my Dell Inspiron 1521 is not booting, I would be really grateful. Any suggestions about the issue are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1521 does not boot

The battery of the laptop must be out of charge due to which the laptop is not starting. Sometimes the battery of the laptop does not get charge even when the laptop is connected to the power source. If there is not enough charge in the battery then it will not be able to provide enough power to the laptop to start. Therefore let the battery of the laptop charge for about 3 hours and then try to boot the laptop. If the problem is due to the battery, then the laptop will start after charging the battery.

All the laptops face the problem with residual charge storage. Residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips. If such a situation occurs then the system will not be able to access the RAM. If the system is not able to access the RAM then the system will not boot. You will have to clear the residual charge of the laptop, shut down the computer and disconnect it from all the AC source. Remove the battery and press the power button of the laptop. Keep the power button pressed for about 40 seconds and then release it. Replace the battery and then try to start the computer.

Motherboard controls all the functions that are performed by the computer. The main power distributor unit which provides proper level of power to all the components is also present on the motherboard. If the motherboard itself is faulty, then the computer will not work properly. Therefore I would suggest you to get the motherboard of your laptop checked by some technician. If the motherboard is faulty then you will have to replace the motherboard.

There is battery located on the motherboard. This battery is important for saving all the BIOS setting. If the voltage of the battery falls below the threshold then the computer will not start. Open the laptop and locate the battery. Remove the battery and check the voltage across the battery using DMM. The voltage of the battery should be between 2.5v to 3 volts. If the voltage is less than 2.5 volts, then you will have to replace the battery. Replacing the battery will solve the problem.

Tomaz

FYI
    If that CMOS battery is weak, dead, removed - that will not prevent the computer from starting.
    It will, at worst, revert to default settings and u will have to keep entering the parameters each time u start or use default.

It can be due to power failure. If your laptop is completely dead then you do nothing in that. It is possible that due to some short circut you are getting the this problem. For that first check the power outlet and get a new battery for the laptop. If still that does not work then you will need to contact the service center for repair.

Yes,There is battery located on the motherboard. This battery is important for saving all the BIOS setting. If the voltage of the battery falls below the threshold then the computer will not start. Open the laptop and locate the battery. Remove the battery and check the voltage across the battery using DMM. The voltage of the battery should be between 2.5v to 3 volts. If the voltage is less than 2.5 volts, then you will have to replace the battery. Replacing the battery will solve the problem