Thread: Webcam of Gateway NV5213u laptop not working

Webcam of Gateway NV5213u laptop not working

Hello friends i am having the Gateway NV5213u laptop which comes preloaded with the Windows Vista Home Premium operating system. The problem which i am facing with this Gateway laptop is that, Webcam not working of Gateway NV5213u laptop. This problem started after i installed the Windows XP operating system by removing the Windows Vista operating system in this Gateway laptop. I want help in resolving this issue.

Re: Webcam of Gateway NV5213u laptop not working

You are having the Gateway NV5213u laptop which has the built in webcam and this webcam is not working from past some days but before it was working properly. So i think this is the problem of the software that you are using for this webcam of the Gateway NV5213u laptop. So i think you should reinstall the driver software for this webcam of the gateway laptop according to the operating system that you are using in this laptop.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You are saying this webcam issue of the Gateway NV5213u laptop started after you have installed the Windows XP operating system by removing the Windows Vista operating system. So according to me this is the clearly the driver software issue of the webcam of your laptop. Installing the compatible webcam driver for Windows XP operating system will solve the problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You can download the driver software for the webcam as well as for all other hardware peripherals for the Gateway NV5213u laptop for the Windows XP operating system from the website of the Gateway. Go to the gateway website and search the driver according to the model number of your laptop. Below given link will take you to the official website of the gateway driver download section for your laptop.
    http://support.gateway.com/support/d...406&type=11688

I think you should do the driver software update for the webcam of the Gateway NV5213u laptop which has the Windows XP operating system installed in it. Go to the device manager of your laptop. Go to the webcam , right click on it and select the 'update driver software' option when you right click on it. After that the windows will search for the compatible driver software for the webcam of your gateway laptop.

If you have already installed the proper driver software for the webcam of your Gateway NV5213u laptop and then also this webcam is not working. If after the installation of the driver software for this webcam it has worked for some days and after that this issue is started then i think you should go for the system restore of your laptop. This might resolve the issue. otherwise you have to reinstall the operating system again in which this webcam was working properly.