Thread: Aircel pocket internet setting for nokia 5230

Aircel pocket internet setting for nokia 5230

Recently i came to know that Aircel ahs launched a new unlimited plan for gprs with two different recharge coupon. I am using Nokia 5230 mobile and after the news i purchased a new aircel sim card to use unlimited gprs on my phone. But i don't have the setting for the gprs and i don't know how to activate the gprs service on this phone. If anybody can help me then it would be really appreciated. I am trying to get all the setting for the gprs and i know most of the people they use this service.

Re: Aircel pocket internet setting for nokia 5230

Hi there,
    If you want to activate the gprs service for your mobile then you need call on the customer care number and ask them to activate it or else you can ask them the procedure by which you can send a message and activate it. There is another way, you can also go to the aircel store from there you can also get the service activated. After activation auotomatically the gprs settings will be provided for your mobile phone. Hope you understand the logic.

There is another method by which you can do the setting for the network provider which is currently used in your mobile phone. Nokia has a builtin softwre known as "setting wizard". It is really helpful in setting up the setting for the internet and mms. To do thish you need to go to the home page where you will find an "Application folder" in that you will see a setting wizard icon, tap on that icon, you will be asked to set up the setting for the operator, tap it and the setting for the gprs is now available in your mobile.

Here is the setting which i use for my nokia phone with my aircal sim card. You can just follow the setting which is mentioned below and try to edit same as provided. To do the setting you need to go to the "setting icon" of your phone in that go to the "connectivity" option and then to the "destinations". Select for the new access point and do the further setting:

Setting for Aircel gprs for mobile:

Connction name: Aircel gprs
    Data bearer: Packet data
    Access point name: aircelgprs
    Username: blank
    Password: blank
    Authentication: normal
    Home page: google.com

I think you have got the setting for your mobile try to edit in your mobile manuallu as suggested, after you have edited the setting or made the setting using setting wizard you need to switch off your mobile and start it after some time. After starting directly go to the web browser on your mobile and try to connect to the net with the setting which you have recently done if it connects then your problem is solved if not thenyou need to go to the aircel gallary for the gprs setup.