Thread: Panasonic AG-HMC40 Camcorder is not working with iMovie

Panasonic AG-HMC40 Camcorder is not working with iMovie

Hi,

I have connected Panasonic AG-HMC40 AVCCAM solid-state camcorder to my Mac pc. When I try to use a camera, iMovie unexpectedly stop responding. i use FireWire connection. What may be the problem ??? Can you tell me why Panasonic AG-HMC40 Camcorder is not working with iMovie ???

Re: Panasonic AG-HMC40 Camcorder is not working with iMovie

Ensure your DV camera is turned on and connected to the computer's FireWire port. Many DV cameras include both USB and FireWire connections (also called i.LINK or IEEE 1394). The USB connection DV camera is designed typically to download still images but not videos. Use the FireWire connection working with iMovie.

If your camera is connected via FireWire and is turned on, follow one or more of these suggestions to reconnect the device.

* Turn off the camera and turn it on again.
    * Disconnect the FireWire cable from the computer and reconnect it. Repeat with the camera. If the camera is connected via a FireWire hub, try connecting directly to your computer.
    * Make sure the tape is a camera that you know works. Ejected and reinserted the tape to make sure it is properly inserted. Try more than one tape.
    * Verify that the sequence that was filmed not in Hi-8 format. Some DV cameras can work with Hi-8 sequences, but iMovie '08 or more sequences do not work with Hi-8.
    * Close and reopen iMovie.
    * Restart the computer.
    * Try another FireWire cable or test the camera on another computer equipped with iMovie.
    * A damaged tape, a dirty playhead, or mixed-format sequence may cause a camera to stop importing without notice.
    * If iDVD is open, quit iDVD and iMovie HD and then re-opened iMovie.

To resolve you problem, open Apple System Profiler to see if your camera appears in the FireWire. If after following the suggestions in Step 2 you still see the camera in Apple System Profiler, try restarting the FireWire connection as explained in What to do if your computer does not recognize a USB or FireWire and check again.

Some of DV cameras can record at different speeds. Make sure the camera is set to the highest speed option before connecting to the computer even if you recorded the frequencies at a lower speed. In some camera models, the speed settings can affect its communication with the computer. You need to check your DV camera documentation for more information and test some sample recordings at different speeds to make sure that the recording speed compatible.

If your camera frequently disconnected during import or export processes, or if the option of playing the preview pane of iMovie is unstable or broken, make sure that the iMovie project is not stored in a directory FileVault. Make sure the software is updated. For best results, use Software Update to update the software on your computer, including QuickTime, iMovie and operating system.