Thread: Can't send or receive Emails on iPod Touch

Can't send or receive Emails on iPod Touch

Hi,

Recently I have purchased iPod Touch. I am using my MobileMe Mail account. My problem is that I can't send or receive Emails on iPod Touch. However, when I try to send an email I get the error message "specific email is not valid" or something like that, I know The email address is correct, since it's my own direction! However, I do not have a username and password for this server? Could be one of the problems?

Re: Can't send or receive Emails on iPod Touch

Make sure that you have an Internet connection: Open Safari on the iPod touch and make sure that you can load a Web page, including apple.com/uk. Check whether you can receive e-mails from your MobileMe account on your Mac or PC. For example, open Check mail on Mac OS X, and that you can receive the messages as expected.

There can be many reasons for, not able send or receive Emails on iPod Touch, make sure that your MobileMe mail account is activated and the push function is enabled on your iPod touch as well as for your account: Tap on the Home screen of the iPhone or iPod touch to Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars ">" (your MobileMe account). Make sure that the slider "Mail" on "is set to On.

Make sure that "push" is enabled :

On iPhone : Tap on the Home screen of your iPod touch to Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars ">" data matching ". Make sure that the slider to "push" on "is set to On.

On MobileMe account : Tap on the Home screen of your iPhone or iPod touch to Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars ">" data matching ">" Advanced ">" (your MobileMe account). Make sure that "push" is selected, choose "under" schedule ".

If you have multiple MobileMe accounts on your iPod touch up, works only for the immediate transfer an account. If you want to change the account that is used for immediate communication, you need to synchronize contacts, calendars and bookmarks for that account and then enable the immediate forwarding.

If still you problem is not solved, then delete the account on your iPod touch. Tap the Home screen, click Settings> Mail, Contacts and Calendar and then tap your MobileMe account. (If you synchronize contacts, calendars and bookmarks with MobileMe data, select the option to maintain the data on the iPod touch when you are prompted.) Tap on "Delete Account". Screen, tap "Mail, Contacts and Calendar" on the "Add Account"> "MobileMe" and set up your account again. When you synchronize data with MobileMe on your iPod touch, you select the option to merge the data on the iPod touch when you are prompted to add the account to do so.