Thread: Sony Vaio vgn fs740 Laptop Keyboard problem

Sony Vaio vgn fs740 Laptop Keyboard problem

I am having the laptop of the Sony and the model which i am having of the sony laptop is the Sony Vaio vgn fs740. The problem which i am facing with this laptop is that the keyboard of Sony Vaio vgn fs740 laptop is not working. I am using this laptop using the external keyboard like we use in the desktop computer systems. So how can i resolve this problem of the keyboard in this laptop.

Re: Sony Vaio vgn fs740 Laptop Keyboard problem

You are having the laptop of the sony and the product that you are using is the Sony Vaio vgn fs740 Laptop. And the issue that you are facing with your laptop is that the laptop is not working of this laptop so you are working by attaching the external keyboard to your laptop. So i think there may be some of the possibilities for this type of problem.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

If you have installed any new software in your Sony Vaio vgn fs740 Laptop and after that the keyboard of this laptop has stopped working then you should remove that software immediately from the laptop. May be the software is not compatible with the operating system or the software is not properly installed. May be this idea can work for your Sony laptop.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If the keyboard of your Sony Vaio vgn fs740 Laptop is not working if your are starting it in the normal windows mode then i think you should check the laptops keyboard working or not by starting it in the Windows Safe mode. During the start up of the laptop press the F8 key continuously till you get the Windows start up selection mode. Once you get this window select the safe mode.

You have not provided the operating system which you are using and when this problem of keyboard has started in your Sony Vaio vgn fs740 Laptop. If you would have provided this details then it would be easier for us to provide you the solution for this problem. According to me you should run the system restore of the laptop. If this is some kind of the software error then it will be solved by doing this. Restore the laptop on the date on which it was working properly.

If you have installed any new operating system other that the preloaded then i think the OS that you have installed is not able to detect the keyboard of the laptop. Some of the laptops require driver software for the keyboard and also for the touchpad. So install the driver software. If problem not resolved then this is the hardware issue. You will have to contact to the Sony service center.