Thread: Display problems in Macbook pro

Display problems in Macbook pro

Hello, I recently bought a Macbook Pro which is installed with Mac OS X Snow Leopard on it. I am facing very weird problems with the Macbook pro. The display of Macbook pro dims or brightens up automatically. This is very scary when I am concentrating on my work. Is there something wrong with the Macbook pro which I am using? If anybody else is facing similar Display problems in Macbook pro then please share some information. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Display problems in Macbook pro

Most of the issues related to the MAC system are solved by doing a PRAM reset. Follow the steps below to perform the PRAM reset :-
    1. Locate the following keys (R, P, Apple and Option)
    2. Press and hold the following keys while the computer is booting.
    3. Keep the buttons pressed till three start-up chimes are heard.
    4. Release the buttons when third start-up chime is heard and let the computer boot normally.
    PRAM reset clears all the invalid entries from the RAM which may be creating problems in normal working of the operating system.

It is possible that the LCD of the macbook is not getting enough power and hence it is fluctuating. If the display of the computer does not get enough power then it is bound to fluctuate. The fluctuation can be due to improper power bank on the laptop which is not providing the current value of the voltage. Try getting the power bank of the Macbook replaced and then check if the display changes brightness on its own or not. After changing the power bank, I dont think you will face similar problems again.

All the new Mac computers are using Intel processors. If your Macbook is also having an Intel processor then you will have to perform the SMC reset to clear all the lower level functions of the computer. To perform the SMC reset :-
    • Shut down the computer.
    • Disconnect the computer from AC source.
    • Remove the battery of the Macbook.
    • Press and hold the power button for 45 seconds.
    • Release the button after 45 seconds and then let the Macbook sit for a minute.
    • Replace the battery and check if the Macbook is working properly or not.

All the functions which are performed by the computer are controlled by the Logic board of the computer. If the logic board of the computer itself is faulty then the computer is bound to give such problems like the one which you are facing. As the Macbook is new, it must be under the Apple care. Hence I will suggest you to take the Macbook to the nearest apple service center and get it checked by some technician. The technicians will list all the problems with the Macbook. If there is any hardware to be changed then it will be changed for free.

The new Macbook pro has ambient light sensor which is located near the camera. This ambient light sensor detects the changes in the condition of the surrounding light and adjust the brightness of the LCD. This is a feature is enabled by default and if you dont want the brightness to change automatically, go to System Preferences > Displays and uncheck the box for "Automatically adjust brightness as ambient light changes" and then apply the settings.