Thread: What is airplane mode in Iphone

What is airplane mode in Iphone

I am using Iphone which is a great phone but there is problem in my Iphone. When i go to the settings there is an option available which is called "Airplane Mode", i don't know what it is. When i turn it on it turns off all my wireless connections (like WI-FI) and i am not able to use the connection. I just wanted to know what is the use of this option, as i don't have my user guide with me, right now i am out of the station and i wanted the information as soon as possible. I am desperate to know what is the use of it.

Brief on airplane mode

I 'll just let you know in brief what is airplane mode? It is an option which is available in the iphone settings. If you turn it on the airplane mode, it disable all the wireless features which is present in your iphone. When you travel in any airplane then there are some interfaces which is done between the aircraft and the technical department. To avoid the use of this interfaces as when you turn on any wireless connection, the interface can interrupt you and also to the aircraft interfaces. Because most of the airplanes security measures doesn't allow you to use wirelwss interfaces with your phone.

Re: What is airplane mode in Iphone

The features which are turned off when you on the airplane mode in your iphone. When it is on the icon appears like "plane" in the status bar on the top of the screen. When it is on No phone, radio, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth signals are emitted from iPhone and the GPS is turned off. It also disables all other features like:
    • You cannot make or receive phone calls
    • Cannot send or receive email
    • Cannot browse the Internet
    • Would not be able to Sync your contacts, calendars, or bookmarks with MobileMe or Microsoft Exchange
    • Cannot send or receive text messages
    • Cannot use iTunes Store or the App Store

You can use some features after enabling the airplane mode:
    When airplane mode is turned on you can still be able to do some things like:
    • You can listen to music
    • Watch you saved videos in your phone
    • You can check your calendar
    • You can view pictures
    • Can set and here alarms
    • You can use the stopwatch or timer
    • You can use the calculator and Take notes
    • And will be able to read text messages and email messages which is stored in you iPhone
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

As the above post have suggested you and given the whole inforation what is the use of this option and what you can do and cannot do the things in your phone when it is on. It is only used on airplanes. It turns off the radio transmitter which avoid to interfere with the airplane radio frequencies. But you can still listen your misic and see multimedia videos which is stored in your phone when you are on the plane. This is feature is available on most of the cell phones.