Thread: Problem sync my iPod Touch

Problem sync my iPod Touch

Hello,

This makes twice that I have to empty my iPod Touch and resynchronize because it will not appear on iTunes. I noticed that when this happened, not always at home, I download podcasts without using iTunes. Can you help me with this?
    Thank you

Re: Problem sync my iPod Touch

Turn all syncing off and then back on

From the home screen, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and then tap your MobileMe account. Tap the sliders off for each account that your are syncing. If prompted to do so, tap Keep on My iPhone/iPod touch. Turn your iPhone/iPod touch off and back on, then re-enable syncing. If prompted to do so, choose Merge with MobileMe. Wait a few minutes, and try syncing again.

Isolate the issue to a specific data type

If the above did not resolve the issue, once again turn off all syncing, and then test each data type one at a time. For example, if Contacts syncs successfully, but Calendars does not, focus your troubleshooting on Calendars.

Delete and re-add your MobileMe account

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, make sure you have a copy of all Contact, Calendar, and Bookmark data on your iPhone saved on your Mac/PC. From the home screen, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and then tap your MobileMe account. Tap Delete Account. (If prompted to do so, choose Delete from My iPhone.) Restart your iPhone/iPod touch. After it restarts, on the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars screen, tap Add Account > MobileMe, and set up your account again.

Source: Apple.com

What are your system specs? is it windows PC? tell us your system configuration? This problem sometime sjust solve by installing latest itunes. Some files may have currupt and you need a fresh step install of itunes. You have no antivirus software that could be in conflict with iTunes and sync your iPod?

My Config:

iMac Intel with snow leopard
    Intel MacBook with Leopard

No I have no antivirus and sync works fine as long as I do not download without going through iTunes.

Thanks you.

I have a single family home where I put in the Internet because now I am more often in this country than my home town. So I hauled around my MacBook which has a different iTunes library that the iMac is at home (this library is indeed empty because I do not want to overload the HDD MacBook is not very big). When I find myself being podcast (RTL Les Grosses TĂȘtes in this case), I download episodes directly from my iPod touch. When I turn on my iMac and I want to sync the iPod, it will go higher (even on the MacBook). I tried everything and finally decided I am determined 2 times to erase the iPod and redo a backup.

Try perhaps authorize computer to use the iTunes account. I had this problem at the beginning when I puggled two computers ... After that, maybe it is unrelated, but costs nothing to try .