Thread: corsair flash voyager?

question corsair flash voyager?

Hey! I just bought a Corsair Flash Voyager 4GB USB memory stick to transfer files from my laptop to my main PC. Now when I plug the USB stick into my laptop it works fine. Copys files from the laptop and i can put files back on the laptop... and it works fine with my brothers new laptop. However, when I come to transfer files (mainly films) to my main pc, the copying process stops about half way and I get an error message. -

"Cannot copy [file name] the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid."

If I try to "cut" the file I get a different message - "Cannot copy [file name] cannot find the specified path"

It appears that the USB stick is turning off half way through the transfer. The light on the Flash Voyager turns off, then the error message appears, then the USB turns on again...and i get "USB device found, what would you like to do...open file using explorer...etc"

I have tried searching the web for answers and no luck. i have reformatted the USB stick and had no luck...

any ideas people?

Im running Windows XP Home sp3 and the laptop is as well. My brothers laptop is Windows 7. The matrix is a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 (ver.1.0) on the PC

My next step was to try reinstall the USB drivers, and if no luck with that reinstall XP?

Thanks. Jason

Re: corsair flash voyager?

Hello there, I dont think that there is a need for reinstalling the operating system. You have mentioned that the USB device stops working at the half time of the task. So, I suggest you to better replace the USb device, since there can be more problems in the future. This will hopefully solve the problem.