Thread: Need Nvidia based Netbooks for gaming

Need Nvidia based Netbooks for gaming

Hello, Recently I came across the fact that games can be played on the netbook without having any problems. I am regular player of Counter Strike 1.6 and Counter Strike Source. Hence I want to know if Counter Strike can be played on Netbooks without any problems or not. And If I it can be played then I would need suggestions regarding Nvidia based Netbooks for gaming. Also I would like to know if there are any special settings required for the Nvidia graphic card to run Counter Strike smoothly? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in Advance.

Re: Need Nvidia based Netbooks for gaming

Actually there is no need for any addition graphics card to run Counter Strike 1.6 on a computer. It can be run on the Internal graphics adapter without any problems. There are certain settings which can be done within the game to get a full 100 fps in game. When the game starts just type following commands in the console.
    1. rate 25000
    2. fps_max 101
    3. cl_cmdrate 101
    4. sys_ticrate 10000
    5. sv_maxupdaterate 101.
    Hope this helps in improving the game performance.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

As you need a netbook for running gaming application then HP Mini 311 is one which is suitable for you. HP Mini 311 is powered by Intel Atom processor and has screen width of 11.6 inches. The peripheral which makes HP Mini 311 suitable for gaming is Nvidia ION graphic chipset. HP mini 311 has embedded Nvidia ION graphic chipset which is specially made to work with Intel Atom processors. The following are the specifications of HP Mini 311 netbook :-
    1.Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz processor
    2.Nvidia Ion chipset
    3.3GB RAM
    4.11.6-inch display.
    5.HDMI output for playing videos on a TV
    6.3 USB ports
    7.VGA connection
    8.All-in-one card reader
    9.6-cell 2600mAh battery,6-hours battery life
    10.webcam and microphone
    11.Ethernet LAN
    12. Windows 7 Operating system.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Asus N10J series netbooks can also be used for playing games and for running high end graphic applications. Asus N10J series netbook is powered by Intel Atom Processor N270 which runs 1.6 GHz and Intel 945GSE chipset. It has a graphic accelerator NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS with 256MB VRAM which gives very good performance while running gaming applications and high end graphics application. Operating system on the netbook can be decided by the user. The netbook is compatible to all the operating system later to Windows Xp.

The keyboard layout plays an important factor while gaming. If the keyboard layout is not proper then the user may face many problems while gaming, as the game may require combination of keys while playing. The keyboard layout of many netbooks is not suitable for gaming. Hence considering all this factors I would suggest you to buy Dell Mini netbooks which have excellent configuration along with a proper keyboard layout which is far more useful in gaming. There are two variants of Dell mini netbooks, Mini 10 and Mini 10v. Both have same configuration with only difference in system ram.

Yes Nvidia cards require special settings to be done in order to play games smoothly. All the Nvidia cards come with preloaded settings which are very essential for running high end graphics application which are not suitable while playing games. Open the Nvidia control panel and then do the following settings.
    1. Find Vertical sync and then select Force off.
    2. Find Triple Buffering and then select Force off.
    3. Find Anistropic filtering and then select Force off.
    Apply the following settings and you will be able to enjoy the game without any problems.