Thread: Need advice in buying Laptop for High end graphics use

Need advice in buying Laptop for High end graphics use

Hello there, I am an Animation student and hence I need to buy a laptop which will be required to run high end graphics use. I want the laptop to have less weight as I want to carry it a lot. The laptop should also have a long battery life as most of the time it wont be connected to the power source. Third and the most important requirement of the laptop is it should come in my budget. Therefore I need advice in buying laptop for High end graphics use. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in Advance.

Re: Need advice in buying Laptop for High end graphics use

As you need a laptop which will support high end graphics applications without any problems I would suggest you to buy ASUS UL80VT. This laptop has a two GPU's which you can switch whenever you want. The two GPU's are NVIDIA GeForce G210M and Intel GMA 4500MHD. Both the Graphic accelerators are up to the mark and perform well with high end graphics application. The laptop is thin and has light weight. The System memory of the laptop is 4gb which is enough to run any applications without any problems.

The best budget gaming laptop which is available now is Alienware Mx15. The following are the specification of Alienware Mx 15 :-
    1. Processor :- Intel Core i7-920XM 2ghz processor.
    2. System memory :- 4GB RAM
    3. Graphic card :- Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M (1GB)
    4. Optical drive :-DVD±RW/BD-ROM combo
    5. Screen resolution :- 15.6-inch display (1,920x1,080 native resolution)
    6. Weight and Dimensions :- 9 LBS with 1.9x14.9x12.2 inches
    7. Operating system :- Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)

If the budget for buying a gaming laptop is low then Sony has released a new age laptop which performs quite well in running all the high end graphics applications. Sony VAIO NW180J/S series laptop is one economy gaming laptop. It is powered by Intel Core2 duo processor and has system ram of 4gb which is maximum which can be added to a 32bit operating system. The laptop has ATI mobile Radeon 4570 HD card which has 512mb capacity. The laptop comes with preloaded Windows Vista Home basic. The operating system can be changed on users choice. The added advantage in buying a Sony VAIO NW180J/S is that it comes with a Blu-ray reader and has a good screen resolution and clarity.

AVADirect Clevo M980NU laptop is made only for running games and graphics application such as Photoshop and Maya. The configuration of the laptop speaks for its performance. Processor used in the laptop is Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9300 @ 2.53gHz and has 4GB RAM with Triple channel support. It has 500GB hard drive. The laptop comes with built-in DVD±RW drive and screen size of 18.4-inch display with native resolution of 1,920x1,080. The best feature of the laptop is its graphic card which is Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 280M cards with 2gb capacity. The operating system is Windows Vista and it weighs around 14 pounds.

The best in the class of Gaming series laptop is Eurocom D900F Panther which has following specification :-
    1. 3.33GHz Intel Core i7-975 processor
    2.12GB RAM with triple channel support.
    3.128GB solid-state drive.
    4. 500GB hard disk drive
    5. Blu-ray reader/DVD±RW drive.
    6. 17.1-inch display.
    7. Nvidia GeForce 280M (1GB) Graphic card.
    8. Windows Vista ultimate 64bit operating system.
    It costs a bomb but trust me it is one machine you would not regret owning.