Thread: Want to upgrade the Memory of Samsung N130 netbook

Want to upgrade the Memory of Samsung N130 netbook

I am having the Samsung N130 netbook which has the 1GB RAM memory and the 160GB Hard Drive capacity. I want to upgrade the RAM Memory and the Hard Drive capacity of this Samsung N130 netbook. I want to add one more RAM of 1GB so it will become total of 2GB RAM in this Samsung N130 netbook. I also want to increase the storage limit of this netbook. So can i upgrade the Memory of Samsung N130 netbook easily or not.

Re: Want to upgrade the Memory of Samsung N130 netbook

You are having the Samsung N130 netbook for you and you want to upgrade the RAM Memory as well as the Hard drive storage capacity of this Netbook. Currently this netbook has the 1GB RAM memory and the 160GB Hard Drive storage space. Now you want to add more 1GB RAM to make it 2GB and want to add more hard drive storage space for storing the data. You can increase the RAM Memory easily but i am not sure about the Hard Disc, whether you can add second hard drive in the netbook or not.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You are having the Samsung N130 netbook and this netbook comes with the 1GB of the RAM memory. Now you want to increase the RAM memory of this netbook from 1GB to 2GB. But the problem is that this Samsung N130 netbook has only one RAM slot. But dont worry this has the RAM support upto 2GB, But for making the 2GB RAM you will have to remove the old 1GB RAM and need to attach the single RAM of the 2GB RAM.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Now the RAM upgradation issue is resolved of the Samsung N130 netbook and the now remaining is the Hard drive storage capacity issue. You also want to increase the Hard Disk storage capacity of this Samsung N130 netbook. But i think you cannot attach the second hard drive to this netbook. So you will have to replace the old 160GB hard drive with the new higher storage capacity hard drive according to your need.

There is only one way to increase the hard drive storage space Samsung N130 netbook that you have to replace the old hard drive with the new hard drive of the higher capacity storage space. So you will have to again copy the data of the old hard drive to the new hard drive. So it is better to take the backup of the data stored on the 160GB hard drive of the Samsung N130 netbook.

I think instead of increasing the internal hard drive of the Samsung N130 netbook you should go for and purchase the external hard drive according to the storage capacity of your needs. This will be beneficial for you. You can use this with you netbook , can be also used with the computer system and the biggest advantage it is compact so it is easy to carry with you. This can be used for the data transfer.