Thread: Fn Key on my HP laptop doesn't work

Fn Key on my HP laptop doesn't work

I bought a HP Laptop, There was windows vista that I change to windows xp because vista was too slow, and would stuck all the time which would make me loose my unsaved data. Now Windows xp is running too fast and everything but I have no sound, I find the drivers on the site but it is only for vista and the keys to decrease and increase the brightness (F6 and F7) with the key "Fn" no longer works, like the sound to increase and decrease works. Now this thing to turn off the screen (F11) works. Have you an idea to solve my problem? Also i have no drivers for sound for XP but that is of not much importance. Please help. Fn Key on my HP laptop doesn't work

Re: Fn Key on my HP laptop doesn't work

It may be you need a driver for the control buttons such as Fn key and other optional button like multimedia keys. You can check on the HP's website, but it might not be available for XP as the laptop is made for Vista and those vista drivers won't work for XP. For sound, go to the website of the brand of your sound chipset. You can get the drivers from there...

I think you should have a look at this topic : Fn key doesn't work on my Compaq laptop. It is similar to your topic but just another Laptop brand. May be those tips could help you...

You will need to download and install Touchpad driver/software from HP's website. also now a days HP and all other laptop makers have started providing drivers for Windows XP as many of their customers are unhappy with Windows Vista. I hope this is useful...