Thread: How to use Nokia N73 as live GPS tracking device

How to use Nokia N73 as live GPS tracking device

Recently i had replace my cellphone. Previously i used to have Nokia N95 and now i'm using Nokia N73 cellphone. I would like to know that how can i use Nokia N73 as live GPS tracking device? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Thanks.

Re: How to use Nokia N73 as live GPS tracking device

Yes, and i think i have the answer, you have set the GPRS access point wrong. Make sure you use a GPRS AP and NOT a WAP AP. GPS is satellite based, and if you’re in poDunk (spelling) with no cell coverage and no wifi, in a covered storm hole the device can’t report back yet where it is, much less triangulate (which requires cell service or wifi hot spots) or “pinpoint” using GPS (not AGPS “triangulation”).

First download the application for your mobile phone (see the step-by-step description). The upgraded software would reduce considerably the time an user connects to the GPS, cutting down to around 30 seconds in comparison to the four to 15 minutes it takes now. To use trackr!, you need to register an account. During registration, the following information has to be entered:
    • Username
    • Password
    • E-mail address E-mail adres

If you have the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 installed on your mobile phone, you can download trackr!. The program handles tracking with smart and fixed logging features. It sends reports via GPRS or SMS. It receives SMS position messages and show it as a waypoint. It exports and imports waypoints and routes. A PocketPC has a touchscreen, a Smartphone doesn't have touchscreen. That's why two different versions are available. Choose the matching version for your mobile phone and download it to your PC.

Use the PC Suite to transfer and install this software. Make sure to switch your Application Manager settings to 'All' for Software installation. The live update worked well and so did the store and send feature. Trackr! is also available on mobile phones with support for Java MIDP 2.0 applications (e.g. Nokia E50, N73 and N95) and Blackberry as well.

The GPS is really GPS, not some assisted-GPS that Sprint and Verizon have in their phones. That means you can really navigate with it, like I did, to streets around SF I wasn’t too familiar with. Nokia N97 free GPS Tracking software compatible with N97 with internal GPS. Free Google Maps and Google Earth tracking , upload GPS coordinates to our Reperion server.