Thread: Laptop with USB 3.0

Laptop with USB 3.0

I am planning to buy a new laptop, so i am thinking to buy a Laptop with USB 3.0. As USB 3.0 is new and will be used in the coming years so its better i get one with my new laptop. I just want to keep myself updated else, i will have to buy a new laptop in the coming years. Can anyone help me with my problem? Can anyone specify some laptop and its configurations which has USB 3.0 support? Please help.

Re: Laptop with USB 3.0

Currently the USB3.0 technology know as SuperSpeed USB is under development and not yet out in the market for usage. You may have to wait for a while. I think USB 3.0 will be implemented with new laptops later this year but as of now, there no sign of any laptop that has already started using USB 3.0 onboard. I hope this helps.

There are a lot of manufacturer's that are selling USB 3.0 Laptop PCI-Express Expantion Card. Wherein the specification mentions its 5gbps transfer capability. This means that there are card already available but so indication of onboard USB3.0. I would recommend you to buy a new laptop with whichever feature you require and get this expansion card. This is the only option at the moment, or you will have to wait...

There are news all around about HP shipping its new laptops with USB3.0 port, but i am not able to find out its model number. Well you can contact HP's customer service and find it out or you can do a little research. A laptop is a device which is intended to last atleast 5 years and so you need to plan the inverstment carefully. I hope this is useful...

There are other buzz related to USB 3.0 that intel is experimenting and develop some new graphics card which will be interfaced on USB 3.0 port. Lets just wait for the USB 3.0. I would say that you should wait as the new Laptops may be built with inbuilt USB 3.0 graphics which would be great. If you need a laptop urgently you can get the PCI Express card and use it. But then as its an external card, you will have to suffer a bit on performance. Not sure of this but i think so. Hope for the best!

I think i will decide to wait. Now that most of the new devices are coming with USB 3.0 interface, i think its better to get a USB 3.0 connection onboard. Does anyone have any idea when will it be coming out so that i could easily find a laptop. Hope it comes into action soon!