Thread: Not getting White background in Nikon D3000

Not getting White background in Nikon D3000

Hey friends, I have bought a new Nikon D3000 camera for my use as i am little bit interested towards the Photography. I plan to take a photo with the white background so i have brought a white Muslin but after clicking the image i am not getting the white background. So please help me with this issue i.e. Not getting White background in Nikon D3000. I hope to get the solution form here. Thanks in advance

Re: Not getting White background in Nikon D3000

I will suggest you to shoot in the which is known as the NEF for the Nikon and with the help of this you can get rid of the problem of the white balance, this is the main reason for you not getting the white background even after using the White muslin. So try this and let me know that this is working for you or not. Hope that this will solve your issue. Thank you

Before the soution of your problem let me clear one thing that Which metering were you using for the shooting and also let me know that what were you metering off. Because the muslin that ,you are using having the similar effect for taking the snowscapes. So first clear this and then try to take the pic again this will help you for the same. Say thanks if it works for you. Bye

As per your discussion about the use of the metering that you think is the problem of the not getting white background effect with my Nikon D3000 then let me tell you that i am using the "spot metering". I hope that this is not the main cause of the problem of mine. A help may be appreciated. Waiting for reply

As you said that you are using spot metering with your Nikon D300 the let me tel you that the meter is calibrated for reflectance from an 18% gray card. the cast of the color can be resolve with the any of the software editing tool. You can try the Nikon tool or give a try to the Adobe Lightroom. This will clear the problem of the not getting white background in the Nikon D3000. Thanks

I hope that you are getting the light gray color even if you are using the White muslin as every material have some reflection of light towards the camera. Muslin is not like the paper which is not reflecting anything so if you are getting the some other shade on the Picture then this is because of the shade of the material that you are using. So use the paper instead of the Muslin and you will get the proper white background. Thanks