Thread: Invalid number error when messaging iPhone

Invalid number error when messaging iPhone

I am having iPhone 3GS and everything was working fine but from today when i try to send an text message from phone over there i am getting a message as Error Invalid Number and i had a check that the sender has ten digit number in my contact. Does anyone facing such kind of issue or know how to what necessary steps to be taken to overcome from this message.

"Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10-digit mobile number or valid short code."

You are getting Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10-digit mobile number or valid short code because your contact was not properly synced from Windows, if the your iPhone is using only 7-digits then it represent the contact's phone number. In that case you need to update the contact to reflect the full number with area code try to do and i am sure after which you won't face any issue.

I had try to update my contact Number but still i am getting the same error message can you tell me what should now or can anyone provide me necessary steps for updating contact number so that i won't get Invalid number error once again.

If you are getting Invalid number error then you need to update your contact by clicking on Phone then goto Contacts option and from there select contact in which you are getting error Invalid number error, now click on edit option and then change the phone number. If you want you can also change the contact in your system address book and then try to synchronise it with your iPhone.

Invalid number error in iPhone

I was also getting same error message and i tried to restored my iPhone but was still getting the same error message when i told one of my friend about it, he told me to delete each and every record from my iPhone which includes contact, favorites, call log, text log etc and then he told me to send a text message to the phone number manually and at that time make sure to include the area code. Now click on sms button on your home screen, then select the number you just sent the message to and create a new contact from there and then i was not getting Invalid number error message.