Thread: Nokia N95 keys not working

Nokia N95 keys not working

Just few days back i had got Nokia N95 cellphone as a gift. For some reason my n95 keys have just stopped functioning. Its Keypad is not working. When I press 8 and * then *,p,w,+ are shown, other keys are not working. Phone hasn't been dropped or gotten wet or anything stupid like that. Why does my Nokia N95 keys not working? Any one knows about it? Please provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Nokia N95 keys not working

I would say it is more likely seeing as both sets of keypads have a similar fault. The microswitches can come of quite easy on these phones. My guess is that this is a software problem but, of course, there's nothing you can do about it while access to the keypad is denied. When you press it can you feel a button click under your finger?

According to me you need to upgrade Firmware on your Nokia N95 cellphone, in order to get rid of the problem. From your description, it certainly sounds like a stuck key, which is not software related, but hardware, and you would be right to get it exchanged. Make sure they give you a brand new handset however, and not a refurbished handset.

As far as i'm aware, they would send it off to be repaired, to just replace it with a new one if they've got any in stock. The service center is the only one in my country so they don't try everything, they just repair in the way thay change modules. Warranty is off because of mechanical damage.

There seems to be a conflict between the media button and the alarm clock. Best off contacting your local Nokia care Point to get a quote for repair. If your N95 is still under warranty however, you may qualify for a free repair, or replacement.