Thread: Best FM transmitter for iPhone 3G

Best FM transmitter for iPhone 3G

I'm having an iPhone 3G and i'm looking for the best FM transmitter for my iPhone 3G. Can any one tell me that which is the the best FM transmitter for iPhone 3G? I had a transmitter from Kensington that I really liked which I used for my nano, it broadcasted the title information to the radio which was cool. Will someone please just tell me what is the best fm transmitter + charger for the iPhone. Any one has any idea about it? Kindly provide me the correct information for the above issue. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Best FM transmitter for iPhone 3G

I have a DLO Transdock micro and it works well. It charges the phone too. Get a PIE adapter and hook it up to the back of your head unit (assuming you have an "aux" button). FM transmitters are horrible.

Previously i used to have a belkin fm transmitter that I use with an older ipod that works fine. I just got the Belkin TuneCast and it is horrible. First off it asks if you want to go in Airplane mode everytime you plug it in, which kind of takes away the benefits of an iphone.

When you plug in any FM Transmitter regardless if it says iPhone ready or not, a caution message will pull up requesting you place the iPhone on Airplane Mode. In order to get good results, you have to use the (undocumented) recipe to put it into "international mode". This increases the power and lets you use 87.9. You can press NO and listen to music still with the FM Transmitter plugged in. The only annoying part you'll get is a chirping noise which is the GSM pinging for data.

Do you have an Auxiliary input on your headunit? Depending on the MFG of your car it may be cheaper to install a compatible adaptor. It also depends on how many FM stations are in your area but we live in the metro Atlanta area and are able to use it with very little interference, especially if we stretch out the cable. Although from what i've read the 3G pull power differently than the previous iPhone and iPods. Even i use a Kensington Digital FM transmitter/charger and have been very pleased with it. I think you should try out Kensington model 33185 Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger. You should look into an Aux-in plug, a stock adapter for iPod (many use the cd-changer connection for iPod).

I think the first thing you need to check for 3G compatibility or a new head unit. I have read that Belkin Tunecast model F8Z182 which you will get at local Apple store and it's great. It works with the 3G and has a much better signal than others we've had. Even, Belkin has announced that its TuneCast Auto iPod FM transmitter has been vetted for use with the iPhone 3G.