Thread: Hibernate problem with Acer Aspire 5738G

Hibernate problem with Acer Aspire 5738G

Hello everyone i am having an Acer Aspire 5738G laptop which is working fine with windows 7. The only problem i face is during hibernation that is when i click the hibernate button the laptop's screen goes black but the LED is always on and when i move the mouse the computer screen returns to the windows immediately i don't know what is causing this problem.

Re: Hibernate problem with Acer Aspire 5738G

I think that your system might have been affected by a virus or a malicious program. Which is causing this problem the only solution to this problem is that you should try to install an Anti virus on your system and then get your system checked by scanning it and delete or remove all the threats that has been detected by the Anti virus.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hello i would like to know your step by step installation plan. Because these problems sometimes arise when the driver installation is not proper hence i would like to tell you that please install the drivers properly and hence please click over the link which i had given below because this might resolve your problem. your drivers are here

I think that you have not configured the hibernation settings properly so i have mentioned the steps for configuring it below please follow it.

• On the taskbar, tap the Start button, and then tap Control Panel.
    • Tap Performance and Maintenance, and then tap Power Options.
    • Tap the Hibernate tab, select the Enable hibernation check box, and tap Apply.
    • Tap the Alarms tab.
    • Under Critical battery alarm, select the Activate critical battery alarm when power level reaches check box and specify the power level by moving the slider.
    • Tap the Alarm Action button under the slider, and under Alarm action, select the When the alarm goes off the computer will: check box.
    • In the list, select Hibernate.

It seems like a driver problem so i would suggest you to check all your device manager for that also i would request you to install it again it from the acer's official website. If this does not help you then you can try to disable the sleep mode this might work in your case as it worked in mine. Hope you will fix this soon.