Thread: Headset keys of Nokia N97 doesn't work.

Headset keys of Nokia N97 doesn't work.

Hello to all,
    I am having this problem from last week. I have Nokia N97 mobile phone. When I insert the headset of my mobile in my phone it played the music really well but I unable to use buttons of headset like skip, play/pause and volume. I don't know why headset keys of Nokia N97 doesn't work. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Headset keys of Nokia N97 doesn't work.

From your information it seems that you have wrongly select "headphones" option instead of "headset" option and for this reason you are not able to use buttons of headset. When you select "headphones" option, nokia mobile assumes that you have have connect "headphones" to it and it prevent you from controlling mobile via "headset". In this case next time when you insert "Headset" in your mobile select "Headset" option instead of "headphones".

Have you restart your mobile? Most of the people face such type of problem then are able to fix this problem by performing Restart process. In this case first remove headset from your mobile. Now turn off your mobile. Now after some times again turn on your mobile. Now insert headset in your mobile. Now you will able to use keys of headset without any problem.

It seems that there is some problem in your mobile's headset. They may get damaged and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to first check whether they working properly or not. Try to use this headset in other mobile. If you get the same problem with other mobile it means that your headset is faulty one and it has to be replace to fix this problem. Just go tot nearest Nokia service center for replacing.

I think there is some problem in your mobile's software. It may get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to upgrade your mobile to fix this problem. You can do this using Nokia PC suite. Just connect your mobile to computer. Now take backup of your mobile. Now open Nokia PC suite and look out for new updates. If new update is available then download it and install it in your mobile as per instruction.

Most of the people face such type of problem and they are able to fix this problem by using following steps.
    First disconnect your mobile's headset -> now play any songs -> now continuously insert and unplug headset from your mobile phone for 15 times -> after this stop the playing song and insert headset -> now try to play music -> now this time you will not get any problem with headset keys.