Thread: Asus UL30A-X5 Laptop Battery Problem

Asus UL30A-X5 Laptop Battery Problem

Just few months back i had bought a new Asus UL30A-X5 laptop. On that i had been running Windows Vista as my operating system. Everything seems to be working fine, until last night. Now the problem is that when i try to charge my laptop battery it doesn't get charge up. Even after charging my laptop battery it shows low battery error message on my desktop screen. Can any one tell me that what i need to do to resolve Asus UL30A-X5 laptop battery problem? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me out. Thanks.

Re: Asus UL30A-X5 Laptop Battery Problem

As laptop batteries can be one of the most frustrating parts of an older laptop. They only last 15 minutes, or maybe only 2 seconds, perhaps explode, etc. ASUS has taken over the Netbook market with their slim, sleek, ever-lasting line of Netbooks and now they are gunning for control of the laptop market with the ASUS UL30A-X5 which has just been released. The battery consists of a plastic outer case, metal electrical contacts, an inner metal case filled with a chemical and special electrical contacts called electrodes, and lastly, perhaps some control circuitry.

Different batteries may have none, some, or all of these circuits. It could be a problem in the software that reads the charging, if you unplug the power supply will it run? Sometimes, battery performance can be improved through a process called reconditioning. The first step in troubleshooting your laptop battery is determining whether it can hold enough charge to boot the notebook. Will the laptop power up and run on the battery, or does the AC adapter which doubles as the laptop battery charger need to be plugged in? Life Of Battery Too Short? This is the main problem laptop owners complain about, and often for good cause.

According to my knowledge, ASUS Netbook can stand up to 12.5 hours of battery life, which simply blows away the competition. 12 hours on one battery–amazing. Once fully charged, the charging circuit will not reactivate until after you have used the laptop under battery power. However, the battery slowly drains itself over time. The result is that if you have had the laptop plugged in to the AC for too long, the result will be a dead battery. The solution? Unplug the laptop from the AC for just a minute, and then reconnect. The battery will recharge.

You know that the laptop has to be into windows to charge, it wont charge just sitting with the power supply plugged in. If you have an HP laptop battery affected by the recall you should immediately remove the battery and contact HP to request a free replacement laptop battery. You can still use the AC adapter to provide power to your HP laptop until you receive the replacement laptop battery.

If the battery is overheating on charging, you can try charging when the laptop is turned off since the laptop is generating heat as well. Additionally, when using the battery, the power level detected by Windows when the computer first comes on sometimes is very low, such as 5%, causing Windows to automatically go back into standby. However, by turning it on again, you discover that now the battery is almost fully changed.