Thread: Unable to transfer data from Samsung J700 phone

Unable to transfer data from Samsung J700 phone

I have recently bought a Samsung J700 phone which i need to connect to my laptop which is running on Windows XP. Whenever i connect the phone using the USB cord, it gets detected but then it gives message saying "There was some problem while installing the new device, Your new device may not work properly." I tried many times to connect the phone to the laptop but it does not get detected. I know that i can transfer the files using bluetooth but my laptop does not have bluetooth. Also i am not able to open jar files in my phone. Is the handset i m using faulty? So if any body has a solution to this problem, Please let me know.
    Last edited by Ramiroo; 30-12-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Re: Unable to transfer data from Samsung J700 phone

I think the problem is with the connecting wire which you are using for connecting the phone to your laptop. USB data cord consist of lines of conductors. These lines get damaged due to inproper storage or in proper handling of the wire. Sometimes the cord provided by the company with the phone is itself faulty. Therefore i will suggest you to use some other cord to connect the phone to the laptop and see if the phone gets detected and installed. Also try to connect the phone to some other port as it may be because of faulty port also.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

JAR files are not supported in the Samsung phones. Samsung phones run on operating system known as SHP which is proprietary of Samsung and does not supports JAR applications. You can download the applications which are supported by the operating system by visiting the official site of Samsung. Samsung J700 comes preloaded with many applications which are required for viewing pictures, browsing and playing music etc but if you want to to install more applications then Samsung phones support JAVA applications. Therefore you can download and use java applications on your phone without any hassle's.

Is there an External memory card attached to your cell phone? If yes then remove the external memory card and then try to connect the phone to your laptop. The reason why you are not able to connect the phone to your laptop, as soon as you connect the mobile phone to your laptop, it tries to read the contents of the memory card which your phone does not allow. So remove the external memory card and then connect the phone. The phone will be detected and required drivers will be installed. Once the drivers are installed, eject the phone and put the memory card back in and connect the phone again. Now you will be able to transfer data to your phone without any problems.

You need to install Samsung PC studio in your laptop to connect the phone. Samsung PC studio is present in the CD's which are provided with the phone. Install the PC studio to your laptop and then connect the phone to your laptop. Operating system will detect the phone and install the drivers for it. Once the drivers are installed, the phone will be visible in the device connected list. Now you will be able to sync your phone with your computer. You can also transfer data using this software. If you dont have the Samsung PC studio then download it from the samsung website. Installing the software will solve your problem.

Samsung phones can be used in different modes to connect the phone to computer. You dont need any software to transfer data from a PC to phone. Software is needed only when you need to synchronize the data from the phone to PC. Although software provide data transfer mode, it takes lot of time to transfer data as the software converts the data while transferring it to the phone. To put the phone in physical Mass storage mode, Go to Settings---Select Phone settings---Select PC connections and then select DATA Storage mode. Now make the phone idle, by killing all running applications on it and then connect the phone to your laptop. Now you will be able to transfer data without any issue.