Thread: Problem in connecting Sony HT to Sony KDK46S5100 LCD using HDMI Cable

Problem in connecting Sony HT to Sony KDK46S5100 LCD using HDMI Cable

I am having the Sony Home Theater System and also the Sony Bravia KDK46S5100 LCD TV at my home. But there is a problem in connecting the Home Theater to the LCD TV using the HDMI Cable. the LCD TV is not detecting the Home theater system connected to it using the HDMI cable. Whereas the TV is detecting the Home theater system when i am using the normal audio and video cables for connecting. So what can be this problem. Help me with this problem.

Re: Problem in connecting Sony HT to Sony KDK46S5100 LCD using HDMI Cable

You are having the problem in connecting the Sony Home theater system to the Sony Bravia LCD TV by using the HDMI cable. So i think first of all you should check this HDMI cable itself because it is possible that the HDMI cable is not working or it is damaged due to some reason. You can check this HDMI cable with some other LCD TVs and the Home theater systems. If this is not working then change this HDMI cable because i dont think so anyone can repair the HDMI cable.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You are able to connect the Home Theater system using the DVI cable to the Sony LCD TV without any problems. The problem you are getting is only exists with the HDMI connection. So i will suggest you to check for both. The HDMI Cable and also the HDMI port of your LCD TV. If any one of these two are not working or damaged you cannot connect these two devices. If the HDMI cable is working properly than this problem is with the HDMI port of your SONY BRAVIA LCD TV. please contact to the service center of the manufacturer and tell them about this problem. They will solve this problem in very professional way.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

There is one more possibility available because of which your LCD TV is not detecting the Home Theater system connected using the HDMI Cable. This is because the HDMI PORT of the Home Theater system is not working. There is no problem with the HDMI Port of the LCD TV. I am telling you this because i was also having the same problem with the Home Theater and the LCD TV. So check the HDMI port of the Home Theater system.

The High Definition Multimedia Interface which is more frequently called as the HDMI was released in the year 2002 with the version 1.0. This was the worlds very first interface which has the support for the all types of the uncompressed audio and the video with the single cable. This HDMI standard was established by the well known consumer electronic manufacturers with Sony , philips, Hitachi, Toshiba, Panasonic, Silicone Image and Thomson in the panel.

The advantages of the HDMI Connectivity.

1. The HDMI cables transfers the uncompressed digital audio and video files with the best quality possible.
    2. This HDMI Connectivity is totally backward supported with the DVI - the requirements is the DVI to HDMI cable adaptor. This enables the HDMI to connect the very wast range of the DVI devices from the different manufacturers.
    3. This HDMI connectivity has the support for the 2 way communication between the video source and Televisions, this enables the many functions like automatic configuration . for eg.in the case of remote controls of devices connected by HDMI.
    4. This HDMI technology is designed to accommodate longer copper cables at lengths up to 50 feet without the use of HDMI amplifiers.
    Last edited by Simond; 30-12-2009 at 09:01 AM.