Thread: Asus g50vt Laptop Error

Asus g50vt Laptop Error

I recently got Asus G50VT-X5 Laptop, the problem is when i start my laptop it shows error message : hard disk drive not found. I have tried to restart my laptop two to three times bu still it is saying Internal HDD HARD Error! Please suggest me how to resolve the problem...

Re: Asus g50vt Laptop Error

You might have to boot up using a CD with XP or floppy boot disk. Any new drive needs to be formatted and an OS has to be installed on it. The first thing to do would be to go into your BIOS setup and see if the devices are identified there. BIOS setup is accessed by pressing a certain key when the system first boots (before Windows starts); the most common access keys are F1, F2, Del, and Esc.

There are many, many different reasons why a hard disk may not be visible to the BIOS setup program in your asus g50vt laptop. They usually fall into two major categories: problems with configuration (how the drives are set up) and problems with the drive itself. There are occasionally problems with the hard disk controller, but these are less common.

Have u try resetting the CMOS to its default value? First check the connection. Remove the disk, check that the connector properly attached to the Disk, then reinsert it. If that doesn't help, get a 2.5" to 3.5" ide adapter so you can connect the Disk to a desktop PC. Connect it as master to the 2nd IDE channel and to make sure remove the optical drive from that PC. Check that PC's BIOS and make sure it is set to find disks on all channels automatically.

When a hard drive is no longer recognized in the bios, it usually means the drive has a physical problem. Well did you run check disk? Can you still boot to the OS? Is it under warranty? If not then you should definitely replace the drive ASAP and hold on to it so you can try and recover the data off of it with software.

Make sure that the hard disk is configured properly. You just have to go to your bios > Press F2 to enter bios >Try to see if the hard drive is detected, Or you will have to use another hard drive and connect the hard drive to browse for files.