Thread: RedEye turns iPhone into remote.

RedEye turns iPhone into remote.

Hello everybody, I have bought a new iPhone and i am enjoying a lot by using it. I have heard that my iPhone can be work as remote to my TV and Music system. There is something called as RedEye which can convert my iPhone to the universal remote. Can anybody tell me that what is this Redeye ?

Thinkflood Redeye device.

Thinkflood has provided the Redeye device which is capable of converting your iPhone in to the Universal Remote which will be able to control all the electronic appliances such as your Television or Music System or Set Top Box etc. Thinkflood does not provide only one device to use your iPhone as remote but also it gives you the device which can charge your phone as well.

RedEye Wi-Fi signals from your iPhone.

Yes, you are right that redeye can convert your iPhone into universal remote. Actually RedEye is product from the Thinkflood which will use the Wi-Fi signals from you iPhone and convert it into Infrared signals to use it for its purpose. Though there are many applications and devices which does not use this kind of signals to use your iPhone as a remote but we are talking about RedEye.

RedEye in conjunction with iTunes.

The Redeye device needs one free application from iTunes application store. Though It is just for using your iPhone as a Universal Remote but When you buy his product from the thinkflood, so you will be getting RedEye’s universal dock which will be very much useful to charge your iPhone while you are not using it as a Remote for any appliance in your home.

Price for RedEye.

Thikflood's Redeye is an adapter which can be used to convert your iPhone to Remote for your Television or Some other appliances which works with remote control. Redeye will be costing around US $188. Some transportation charges and extra taxes may can apply on this price. You will be getting “RedEye” Wi-Fi to infrared bridge, 100-240V, 50-60Hz AC power adapter, Universal Dock Adapters for iPhone, and iPhone 3G/3GS.

RedEye Compatibility.

Your iPhone would be needing an application that is firmware update 2.1 or later to make RedEye compatible with the phone. And RedEye is compatible with the iPhone, iPhone 3G, and iPod. By using this application you will be able to use your iPhone as Universal Remote. Even you can add redeye to the other rooms also, for which you have to buy another RedEye.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"