Thread: Nokia N95 switch off automatically when booted with Sim card

Nokia N95 switch off automatically when booted with Sim card

Hello to all,
    I recently bought second hand Nokia N95 8Gb from my friends. When I purchased, it was working properly without Sim card. Today when I insert Sim card and turn on mobile, it automatically get switch off. I repeat this process, but it keeps on getting switch off. I don't know why this happened. Please help me to get rid out of this problem.
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: Nokia N95 switch off automatically when booted with Sim card

From your information it seems that there is some problem in your Sim card and that's why your mobile gets switch off when you turn on it with Sim card. Your Sim card may be get damaged or get corrupted and for this reason your mobile does not recognize it. Have you tried another Sim card? If not, then try to insert another Sim card in your mobile and check whether you are getting same problem or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

From your information it seems that you are using fairly old type of SIM card in your N95 and that's why you are getting this problem. Your mobile can only able to support new type of Sim cards like USIM. For this reason your mobile does not support your old Sim card and to prevent any damage to mobile it automatically gets switch off. In this case you have to change that old Sim card with new one. Contact your mobile's service provider to do this.

Before taking any further steps, First check whether it is hardware problem or software problem. If you don't know how to check it then use following steps.
    First turn off your mobile -> now remove Sim card from your mobile -> now switch on your mobile -> now dial 112 or 911 -> now if in this process your mobile get switch off then there is some hardware relate issue and you have to repair it. In this case contact nearest nokia store to fix this problem.

Try to do hard reset. Most of the people use this solution to over come such type of problem. If you don't know how to do Hard Reset your mobile then use following steps.
    1.First take back up of your mobile, because Reset process delete all your mobile's data including your memory card.
    2.Now turn off your mobile.
    3.Now press "*" key, number "3" key and green dialer key and then turn on your mobile. Don't release these three buttons until you can see nokia logo.
    4.After this you will not get any problem.

I think your mobile's software may get corrupted or get damaged. Have you upgrade your mobile with new version? If you don't know how to update your mobile with new version then use following steps.
    1.First coneect your mobile to copmuter.
    2.Now take back up of your mobile.
    3.Now in the right hand side you can find "update" button. Just click on it.
    4.Download that update file in your computer and install in your mobile using application installer.