Thread: ACi Laptop's touchpad is not working after upgrading to Windows 7

ACi Laptop's touchpad is not working after upgrading to Windows 7

Hey I have ACi laptop which i was using with windows XP operating system. But recently i have upgraded the same with the Windows 7. After installation the new OS i realize that my laptop's touchpad is not responding. I have tried lots of thing but nothing help me sort out the same. So finally i came here to ask the same. Please help me with the proper solution. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: ACi Laptop's touchpad is not working after upgrading to Windows 7

Hey, I think you it could be happening because of the sensitivity of the mouse and can be solved with the little change in the mouse property. just do the following and see that it is working or not.
    • Click on the start
    • Go to the control Panel
    • Then to the Mouse
    • Now hit the Mouse Properties
    • then to the Device Setting
    • Now click on the setting and select the properties
    • Click on the Sensitivity
    • Then to the Touch Sensitivity.

See that this not set to the minimum if it is then increase and then try again to use the same. Hope that this will work for you
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Did you tried the function to activate the touchpad. Most of the Laptop comes with the function key in it which is almost on the left side of the left control key. If you press this key and then the F8 then your touchpad will deactivate for the use and again doing the same can help you activate the t6ouchpad. So i will suggest you to see that you touchpad is deactivated or not with the function key. Hope this will help. Bye
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hey if above one is not working then go to the control panel once again and then to the mouse. Now go to the hardware tab and then try to update the driver. If it is not working then use the troubleshoot button and trouble shoot the mouse problem following the instruction given by same. Thats all i can help with the same. Say thanks if it works for you. Bye

Hi Friend, If nothing is working then its better to call up the provider of your laptop. If it is under the warranty period the they will repair it otherwise they will charge you some amount of money. And they will guide you regarding the up gradation of the same. Or give it to the hardware shop for the repairing. Thank you

Hey, I will suggest you to check the compatibility of the mouse driver with the Windows 7. It could be possible that your Operating system is not supporting the driver of your mouse. So take a compatible check and the update your driver according to that. Hope that will help you understand the problem of your system. The will guide you regarding the compatibility of the other software and the hardware. So try it and see the result. Thanks

I don't know why you are getting problem in the use of the touchpad but i can give you some of the link related to the same on this forum which will guide you to solve the same. So go through the link and help yourself. Synaptics touchpad suddenly stopped working Touchpad stopped working Dell Touchpad Not Working