Thread: What are the Game Development Options in nokia

What are the Game Development Options in nokia

I am a game developer. I usually develop minor flash games for kids site. I am interested in going for game development for nokia mobiles. But on the same hand I need some better options on it. Like which platforms are available for developing games on Nokia platforms. Does they supports others too or else they are limited to only some nokia mobiles.

Re: What are the Game Development Options in nokia

For the nokia device there are different type of game development options. They are Java™ ME, Symbian S60, N-Gage and Flash Lite. Nokia also gives you a numbers of development choice to suit your development knowledge and your interest in it. It also see that are developing casual or a best quality games. You can also find SDK to full fill your need which will be correct.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

The advantage of Java™ ME is that it run on majority of the nokia mobile device. The development procedure in this is very easy. It is open for all the developers. It is more Compatible for the device of Series 40/S60/maemo. The usage of this is best and it is mainly for the person who plays the casual games.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The game development option is also in Symbian S60. The Advantage of it is that, it directly access to the features of the device. The type of development is very hard. The developers is open for all the device. This device is compatible for only S60. The usage of this is good for the casual and some of the premium or best quality of games.

The game development system is also in the N-Gage. The advantages in this are it is supported to try and purchase, DRM in it. In this the development is very easy. The developers in this is open and has approval for only nokia application. The device is compatible for only some S60 and maemo. The best usage of it is for the best quality and the connected games.

Nokia has a game development option for it's device. It is also available in the Flash Lite. The main advantage of this is it is very useful for prototyping. It has a very easy and rapid development. It is open for all developers. It is only compatible for the device of S60 and maemo. And the usage of this is only for the very casual games.