Thread: Unable to play Internet videos on iPod Touch

Unable to play Internet videos on iPod Touch

Hi,
    I have this problem from last week. From last 4 or 5 days I unable to play any online video on my ipod touch. Before that I able to play any online video without any problem. Suddenly I don't know what happened to it. Any one else having the same problem? Please help me. For your information I use safari browser in my ipod touch.
    Thank you.

Re: Unable to play Internet videos on iPod Touch

As per your information it seems that there is some browser related issue in your ipod touch. I think you may had open site, that required Flash encoding for playing video from that site. Such type of error you commonly found on most of the sites. I touch only able to play that online video, that can be able to play on QuickTime. So try to open another site and check whether you can find the same problem or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I think Your safari browser's JavaScript may be accidentally get turn off. Such type of problem you can generally found in your desktop browser. In this case you have to check whether you ipod safari browser's JavaScript is turn on or turn off.
    If you don't know where it is located then use following path:
    First go to Main menu -> now go to setting option -> now click on safari browser -> now go to JavaScript option -> now check whether it is turn on or turn off -> if it is turn off then turn on -> Now go back to your browser and try to play any video -> I think you will not get the same problem.

I think there is some internet connection related issue. As you said that you are able to play online video before one week, then I don't think there is a problem in video. It may happened that due to slow internet connection you are not able to any video. First check whether your your internet connection is working properly or not like WiFi, 3g, wap, GPRS. If your internet connection is proper then there is problem in your ipod's safari browser. In this case re- install safari browser and check whether you get the same problem or not.

I also had the same problem. I tried various thing but it didn't work out, then I use iTransmogrify for my ipod touch to play online video. iTransmogrify is a bookmarkle that convert embedded Flash video in to direct link which is supported by your ipod touch. It means that your all online video can be played from your iPod's Safari browser. You can get this application from there official site.

From your information it seems that there is some software related issue. Try to restart and reset your ipod touch. If that also not working then you have to restore your ipod touch with new version of OS. You can do this by using iTunes.
    After this if you still have the same problem then you have to contact apple store to fix this problem.