Thread: Kindle 3 is launched in market or just a rumor

Kindle 3 is launched in market or just a rumor

I was shocked with the news that Amazon has launched a new version of Kindle after Kindle 2. Is Amazon is launching a new version of kindle or it is just a rumor. If this news is true then the next thing I want to know what is the price of Kindle 3. What are the new features Amazon has given in kindle 3? Reply for this question is very important for me because I am planning to buy kindle. One thing is for sure that if I am going to buy kindle I will buy the latest version of it.

Re: New version of Kindle 2

The news is correct up to some extent. Amazon has not launched Kindle 3 in market but Amazon has launched a new version of kindle 2. Amazon.com has launched the new version of popular eBook reader kindle 2. The new version of kindle is launched on Wednesday. This new version of kindle 2 is specifically designed newspapers, magazines and textbooks. Amazon.com has also increased the memory for the new version of kindle 2. Right now I am not having any idea about how much memory is increased or what are the other features is introduced in the new version of kindle 2.

Re: Cost for the new version of Kindle 2.

Yes a new version of kindle is launched in the market but it is not named as Kindle 3. In fact the Amazon.com has launched this new product with the old name "Kindle 2". Amazon has declared that this new version has a bigger screen size compared to the previous version of kindle 2. This new version of kindle 2 is specially designed for reading newspapers, magazines and textbooks. The cost of this new version of Kindle 2 is around $ 498.

Re: Kindle with bigger screen and larger memory size.

The features for the new version of kindle 2 and not of the Kindle 3 are as follows: Amazon.com has a launched a new version of kindle 2 with bigger screen size of 9.7 inches (24.6 centimeters) compared to 15.24 cm of older version. It is obvious that Amazon has increased the screen size of Kindle 2 by 2.5 times. The not so good news is that Amazon has also increased the price for the new version of Kindle 2, which is around $359. Amazon has also increased the memory for the new version of kindle which is around 3.3 Giga bytes.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Re: Characteristics of Kindle DX

The new version of Kindle 2 is launched with larger electronic paper display. It has 6 shades of gray scales. This new version of kindle 2 has more area for graphic-rich content such as specialized and private documents, newspapers and magazines, and textbooks. Jeff Bezos chief executive and founder of Amazon has said that "Cookbooks, computer books, and textbooks -- anything highly formatted -- also shine on the Kindle DX,"
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Re: The New York Times and Kindle DX

The New York Times Co. and The Washington Post Co. are planning to offer the Kindle DX to its readers as part of their special program known as “Pilot program”. With the launch of Kindle DX, Amazon has also announced that Kindle DX will be available at the low price for the readers of Times. Arthur Sulzberger publisher of The New York Times has said that "The wireless delivery and new value-added features of the Kindle DX will provide our large, loyal audience, no matter where they live, with an exciting new way to interact with The New York Times and The Boston Globe."