Thread: Can't access internet or mail servers from ipod touch

Can't access internet or mail servers from ipod touch

Hi to all,
    I get this problem from last week. I have ipod touch. It works well until last week. From last week my ipod mail server started freezing and after that I unable to connect with internet connection. I don't know why this happened? Please help me.
    Last edited by Maranello; 11-12-2009 at 10:22 PM.

Re: Can't access internet or mail servers from ipod touch

It seems that you accidentally make some changes in your Mail account information. For this reason you get this problem. Make sure that you have entered right information in Mail account to work it properly.
    You can check Mail account information by using following steps.
    First go to main menu -> now click on setting option -> click on general option -> there you can find Information panel -> click on it -> now click on advanced section-> under it if you find something wrong has entered, then make correction.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

First you have to check whether your wifi connection is working or not. You can do this in following ways.
    First go to main menu -> select Setting option -> go to wireless settings option -> now select your network -> in the right hand side you can see ">" sign -> click on it -> now click on "dhcp" -> now check what IP you get -> if you get any IP -> then it means that there is no problem -> if you don't get any IP then there is some wireless connection issue.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

As per your information it seems that you accidentally make some changes in wireless setting of ipod. If you don't know how to correct it then you can reset your ipod. If you don't know how to reset your ipod, then you can use following steps.
    First go to Main menu -> now select Setting option -> now click on General option -> click on reset option -> Now click on Reset Phone -> wait until logo of apple appeared -> after this process your ipod comes to it's original status.

I think there is some problem in your ipod's operating system. It may be get damaged or corrupted. In this case you have to install new OS in your ipod. You can do this using Restore process. If you don't know how to restore ipod then use following steps.
    First connect your ipod to PC -> now format your ipod ->now open itunes -> in the right hand side you can find Restore button -> just click on it-> wait until Restore process complete-> now your ipod has new OS.
    After this check whether you get same problem or nor.

I also had the same problem then one day I reset my ipod and after that now my ipod works fine. You also try to reset you ipod. If you don't know how to reset your ipod then try following step.
    Press sleep/wake button and home button simultaneously until apple logo appeared.
    After this check whether you get this problem or not. If you still get the same problem then you have to contact apple store to fix this problem.