Thread: Why my pen drive not get detected?

Why my pen drive not get detected?

Hi all,

I don't know whats wrong with my pen drive, my pen drive not get detected. I have tried the data card over same USB port of my computer, and it's gets detected by system. So i think it's not the problem of the UBP port. I don't know exactly cause behind this problem.
    Is this because of the faulty pen drive OR I have to make some setting to set the pendrive accessible by system? If anybody knows the solution over this then please don't hesitate to suggest me.

Re: Why my pen drive not get detected?

Hi,

May I know which operating system are you using? Unfortunately if your system has windows 98 or windows 2000 operating system, then you have to install the pen drive driver to get detected by system. And suppose you have higher version windows such as Windows Vista or XP, then you don't need to install the pen drive driver, the driver gets automatically detected by system. Then there might be problem in the USB port of your system. Try to check you pen drive with other system, if pen drive getting same problem then you need to replace you pen drive.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Basically every system has two or more than two USB drives. Try to check you pen drive with other available USB drives. If then also your pen drive not get connected , then there must be problem of the wrong registry entries.And to solve this please follow the below steps:

A. Click on Start , then and write "regedit" of the "Run" windows.
    B. Then try to Locate registry value for UpperFilters.
    C. Open Edit menu window > then select Delete >OK.
    D. Then try to Locate registry value for UpperFilters
    E. Open Edit menu window > then select Delete >OK.
    F. Finally close the Registry Editor window and restart the system.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hi friend,
    It seems that your system has been infected by the virus. I had similar problem i.e pendrive was not get detected by system. Somebody gave me advice to scan your system for any virus. I did same thing , I had removed 26 viruses from my system. Then I restarted the computer and checked my pendrive. Surprisingly pendrive get detected successfully by system without any error. So I recommend you to do virus scanning on your system. As this trick worked on my system, but it is not the case that it will also successful on your system. Lets try it and see what happens .

Quote Originally Posted by Bon-Z View Post
    Hi,

May I know which operating system are you using? Unfortunately if your system has windows 98 or windows 2000 operating system, then you have to install the pen drive driver to get detected by system. And suppose you have higher version windows such as Windows Vista or XP, then you don't need to install the pen drive driver, the driver gets automatically detected by system. Then there might be problem in the USB port of your system. Try to check you pen drive with other system, if pen drive getting same problem then you need to replace you pen drive.
    hey bon-z,
    my pendrive is also not getting detected, well, you are saying that if you have windows xp , then d driver gets automatically detected. but mine is not getting detected and i have windows xp, but its still asking for installation and its not even installing properly, plz if you know then tell me what to do????

hey bon-z,
    my pendrive is also not getting detected, well, you are saying that if you have windows xp , then d driver gets automatically detected. but mine is not getting detected and i have windows xp, but its still asking for installation and its not even installing properly, plz if you know then tell me what to do????
    Have you tried out the solutions that has been mentioned above, if not then just try it out and then let me know what you get, also let me know the solutions that you have tried so far so that I don’t suggest you the same as it will be just a waste of time.