Thread: Volume control problem in iphone 3gs

Volume control problem in iphone 3gs

Hello,
    Last night I was watching some video using 3g network in my iPhone 3gs. It was playing well but I didn't get the sound. I thought that it may be some problem in video. But after that I unable to get sound from iphone. I even not able to listen ringtone when some one calling. I don't know why happened this. Can any none tell me how to fix this problem.
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: Volume control problem in iphone 3gs

It seems that you might have using bluetooth headset with iphone. When you use bluetooth headset all sounds are directed to bluetooth headset including all your text sound, keypad music, ringtone, etc. That's why you can't hear any sound from iphone. So my advise is that turn off your bluetooth headset when you don't need it.
    I think this will help you.

I think you accidentally turn off your iphone main volume. Try to turn on and after this if you still have the same problem then in this case you have to reset your iphone to it's original setting. You can reset your iphone in following two ways.
    1.Hold turn on/off button and menu button simultaneously until apple logo appeared. This process rest your iphone instantly.
    2.Go to setting option -> click on general option -> select reset option -> click on phone reset option -> wait for few minutes -> After completing reset process your iphone will come to it's original setting.

As per your information it seems that there is some software problem in your iphone. In this case you can try restore process. If you don't know how to restore your iphone, then use following steps.
    First plug your iphone to computer as removable disk -> now format your iphone using normally -> open iTunes application -> check whether you have active connection or not ->in right hand side you can see Restore button -> just click on it -> wait for few minutes until Restore process complete.
    After this process check whether you still have the same problem. If the problem exits then you have to contact apple store to fix this problem.

cool Re: Volume control problem in iphone 3gs

IPHONE 3GS - Today, as I was at my work station (listening to Pandora), the volume of my iphone just started to go up on its own. When I tried to bring the volume down - it was as if the ringer control was going against my attempt to bring it back down to the volume level i desired. Once I was able to get the volume back down, I noticed that within a minute the volume control image appeared for no reason at all. It was showing the volume level rising without me touching it whatsoever. After messing with it for over 20 minutes with no luck, I finally decided to go to Settings>General>RESET>Erase all content and data. It wiped everything out, but then I was prompted to connect my iphone to itunes where I was able to regain all of my past apps and contacts saved from a previous restoration date. MY VOLUME PROBLEM WAS INSTANTLY SOLVED. Try this, it may work for you! p.s. my phone is not jailbroken.