Thread: Screen sensitivity problem in iphone 3gs

Screen sensitivity problem in iphone 3gs

Hi,
    My uncle gifted me iphone 3gs. From last week it having some problem. What happened that when I move my iphone close to my ear instead of it goes in black and unresponsive mode, iphone's screen become activates until end of the call. I don't know why this is happening? Can any one tell me how to fix this problem?
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: Screen sensitivity problem in iphone 3gs

Before taking any extreme steps you have to check whether there is problem in screen sensitivity or not. You can do this in following ways.
    1.First you have to check your proximity sensor.
    2.You can do this by playing voicemail.
    3.When playing voicemail, place your finger to left-earpiece.
    4.If screen goes black then there is no problem, but if screen does not goes black then there is some problem in touch screen.
    In this case you have to contact your nearest apple store and take advantage of warranty.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Try to reset your iphone. If you don't know how to reset your iphone then use one of the following two ways.
    1.First go to Main menu -> then click on setting option -> click on general option -> choose reset option -> now select Reset phone option -> it asked for confirmation -> accept the confirmation -> wait for few second -> after this your iphone will be come to it's original status.

2.Hold sleep/wake button and home button simultaneously until logo of apple appeared. After this your iphone will reset.

Try to restart your iphone. If that process does not solve your problem then you have to restore your iphone. You can restore your iphone in following ways.
    Connect your iphone to computer -> format your iphone normally -> open itunes application -> make sure that you have active internet connection -> in the right-hand side you can see one Restore button -> just click on it -> wait for few seconds -> After completing restore process, disconnect your iphone from computer -> now check whether you still have the same problem or not -> if you still getting this problem then there is some problem in your iphone's touch screen -> in this case you have to contact apple store to fix this problem.