Thread: Acer Laptop Battery not charging

Acer Laptop Battery not charging

Hi,
    I am using Lithium-ion Rechargebale Sony battery in Acer Travelmate 4152 Laptop. Last few days, I observed One cross (X) sign on the picture of the battery and it is not charging. Earlier it was showing 3% as power remaining , now it is showing as 0% always. Plese let me know
    i) whether the battery is damaged and I have to purchase a new one ?
    ii) If so, what is the price now ? any idea
    iii) Is it safe if I am using the laptop removing the battery untill it is repaired?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by SourajitSeth; 08-12-2009 at 03:54 PM.

Re: Acer Laptop Battery not charging

It is not necessary that your battery might have been damaged. The issue could be with the adapter or the power unit port in which you plug your adapters pin for charging. Contact your Acer provider or the manufacturer for the issue. YOur query would be sorted out.

Thanks for your information. Do you have any idea about my third query ?

Before replacing battery, check whether the problem is in battery or there is some other issue. First try to charge your laptop with another charger if you unable to charge then there is some problem in your battery. But you are able to charge your laptop with other charger then there is some problem in your charger, in this case you have to replace your charger.
    As per your third question, I would said that you can not use your laptop without battery. Battery is essential to run laptop.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Thanks for your response. But in my laptop , battery is automatically started charging , when I connect my laptop to external AC source through the cable. There is no separate charger required to refuel the battery. Earlier I planned to test my battery , using in another laptop. But did not find any laptop of same model to my friends.
    Currently I can run the laptop without battery. But I am not sure whether it is safe or not. Becuase I heard somewhere that the battery is serving as stabilizer also in order to handle voltage fluctuation. So I am scared about using the laptop without battery .