Thread: Sony DCR-TRV280 no data transfer

Sony DCR-TRV280 no data transfer

Hi. I have purchased a Sony handycam model no DCR-TVR280. The problem is that I am not able to transfer any video files recorded in my handy cam through the data cable to PC as I misplaced the utility disc provided by Sony. Please help me out. I have Intel Pentium 4 3ghz processor working with Windows xp service pack 2 as the operating system.
    Last edited by Aandaleeb; 21-11-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Re: Sony DCR-TRV280 no data transfer

Hello. As you have misplaced utility disc you can get the drivers for your handycam by visiting or getting the downloads from Sony's official website. You need the drivers for making your handycam device to work on your system. Install the drivers and then connect your device to the system via data cord or cable provided to you in the kit. All the best.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Well hi. You can contact to the manufacturer or to the dealer from where you have purchased your device. There is a possibility that you can get the disc from them or else you can download it from their official site. As far as your system is concerned I think that the device is compatible with it so there won't be any issue with its compatibility. Also Connecting to the system will only lend you in viewing the content and to copy or paste. The best source for transferring files from your handycam to the system or vice versa is use of firewire. Good luck.

If you do not have the utility disc in order to transfer the data to your system you can do it by getting a video capture card and plugging it into your device. You can then transfer the data from them by connecting the card via card reader support to your system. This is basically the simplest way to transfer your files to the system. Get the thing done. It might work for you.