Thread: Battery problem in Ubuntu on Asus N81vp Laptop

Battery problem in Ubuntu on Asus N81vp Laptop

I have an Asus N81vp Laptop on which i had installed Windows Vista as my operating system. I'm planning to install Linux on my machine, but I have a problem battery life. Under Vista I get 2:45 but under Ubuntu I get 1:15. Can any one tell me how do i resolve poor battery problem in Ubuntu on Asus N81vp Laptop? How could this be possible? How could the battery life under Vista be so much better? Any one has any idea about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Battery problem in Ubuntu on Asus N81vp Laptop

The Asus N81Vp is a Centrino2-based laptop released in 2009 as a step up from the N81Vg. In addition, this relatively small system manages to pack in as many or more peripheral connectors than many desktop replacements including five USB ports. The ASUS N81Vp is an amazing strong performer in a very small package. While it isn't one of the slimmest of the 14-inch laptops on the market, its features provide with some of the best performance available.

Probably a GPU power management issue. Plenty of them to go around. he performance primarily comes from a very high end Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 dual core processor. This easily exceeds the performance from the more typical P8000 series processors used by many similarly priced systems but it does draw a bit more power. I was looking around on my computer and I noticed that Asus includes a feature called Power4Gear which is settings to help extend your battery life.

The heat issue fiasco as you call it does not make the GPUs overheat. The big downside to this is that the battery life suffers heavily compared to the average laptop in this size range but for many this may not be much of a trade off. It makes them less resistant to heating up/cooling down cycles. Overheating is the fault of the respective computer's cooling system.