Thread: Blackberry 9000 Calendar/Sync Issues

Blackberry 9000 Calendar/Sync Issues

I just bought a Blackberry 9000 Bold phone. I am having some issues while trying to configure the calendar. I thought the easiest way would be to set it up in Google Calendar and then sync it. There is a message behind this prompt however I cannot read it. So I set up my Google Calendar with a list of about 15 events happening every day Monday - Friday, and recurring indefinitely. I set it to pop-up reminder at the exact moment of every event. I used Google Sync to load it all into my Blackberry. How do I set up the calendar in Google Calendar, so that when it gets synced into my Blackberry 9000 Bold phone, every event will be loaded with a reminder? Is there any way to have the Blackberry just automatically give me a reminder for every single event?Does any body knows about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Blackberry 9000 Calendar/Sync Issues

Are you trying to sync with outlook? Do you get an error message while is synching ? Apparently this is a problem that a few people have had. The solution is to simply remove all of the CICAL service books for all other email addresses but the one you are syncing (or, my guess is to be sure it's the first one on the list).Have you configured the correct calendar to sync in the advance options within Desktop Manager?

I eventually just went into the Options->Advanced Options->Service Books and deleted all the calendar books (email[ICAL]) so I was left with just a "Default" calendar. Looks like this 0 minute pop-reminder erase on Google sync is a pretty well-known and current bug that they just haven't fixed yet. All my data was still saved, and with only one calendar the sync worked first try. I don't know if it gets confused by multiple calendars or just didn't know which one to use.

The only thing is that it syncs 3 out of 4 items. Ignoring the calendar. I sync both at the office and at home. I have the same problem at both places.First you need to go to "Desktop Manager --> Backup and Restore --> Backup" and take a few backups of the device. Then in "Desktop Manager --> Backup and Restore --> Advanced" open your backup file in the left window and then select "Calendar", now press the right arrow in the center to transfer the backup calendar back to the device.